[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Bars&Pipes professional, copy protected?

dave@unislc.uucp (Dave Martin) (04/26/91)

Can someone please tell me if Bars&Pipes (particularly the professional
version) is copy protected, and if so how? (on-disk, manual lookup etc...)

TiA

--
VAX Headroom	Speaking for myself only... blah blah blahblah blah...
Internet: DMARTIN@CC.WEBER.EDU                 dave@saltlcy-unisys.army.mil

oovvoo@mixcom.COM (Mike Shawaluk) (04/27/91)

dave@unislc.uucp (Dave Martin) writes:

>Can someone please tell me if Bars&Pipes (particularly the professional
>version) is copy protected, and if so how? (on-disk, manual lookup etc...)

Allow me to quote directly from the manual (without permission, of course):

"B&P Pro is NOT copy-protected.  Although we realize that this makes our
company vulnerable to piracy, we made the choice not to punish the honest
people with inconvenience.  Please remember, though, that to us, Bars&Pipes
Professional itself is a piece of music - one that took hour upon hour to
make.  Please support our effort by discouraging piracy and thinking twice
before you copy this program and give it to a friend.  We want to be around
to serve you for a long time.  And for that to happen, we need your support
and respect."

I realize that I could have typed a simple "no, it isn't", but I thought
that the above paragraph was well-written, and said what it had to say very
well.  Also, just for the record, the program doesn't have any manual
look-ups or other inconveniences to the user.  Although, to be honest,
without the manual, parts of the program would be very difficult to figure
out how to use (but they are quite intuitive once you have read about them,
or used other related features).

	- Mike
--
  - Mike Shawaluk (oovvoo@mixcom.com)       "It is a good day to live."