[comp.sys.amiga.audio] IFF8SVX player wanted

dylan@june.cs.washington.edu (Dylan McNamee) (04/29/91)

I'm looking for a sample player.  A scan through the fish archives revealed
very little.  What I'd like is a player with variable speed playback (as
well as automatically getting it from the file) smallish, CLI callable,
etc.

Also, anyone have any neat samples for Amiga boot-time playing?  The
ED 209 from robocop would be cool, especially if the bass scanned well.

thanks,
dylan
--
dylan mcnamee             / "Ten Years After WWIV...there wasn't much to do;
dylan@cs.washington.edu \/all the bowling alleys were wrecked, so I spent most

whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) (04/30/91)

In article <1991Apr29.020520.1754@beaver.cs.washington.edu> dylan@june.cs.washington.edu (Dylan McNamee) writes:

>I'm looking for a sample player.  A scan through the fish archives revealed
>very little.  What I'd like is a player with variable speed playback (as
>well as automatically getting it from the file) smallish, CLI callable,
>etc.
>dylan@cs.washington.edu

There is an extensive archive of sounds on ab20.larc.nasa.gov, including
many from Robocop. Also, there are several players with features like
those you describe, as well as an editor or two.

Alan
whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu

|  D. Alan Whinery| The Institute for Astronomy, University of Hawaii   |
| Technical Genius| Internet: whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu               |