[comp.sys.amiga.audio] OctaMED v1.00

clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Stewart C. Russell) (05/08/91)

I just got OctaMED yesterday; a commercial 8 channel MED with all the
features of MED v3.0, and less of the bugs (there's a 4-channel MED v3.10 out as
well, methinks, but it's not included).

The 8-channel stuff sounds a little ropey (well, the one demo does) but it's
neat. It runs in Med-res mode, and manages to multitask whilst playing
8-channels on a 2 bitplane screen (on a stock A500). I'm not sure whether
it can load Oktalyzer files, but the 8-channel MEDplayer is freely
distributable.

I reckon it's #10 Sterling well spent (#15 outside the UK). Amiganuts
United are doing the distribution; typical of me, I can't remember their
address.

--
|Stewart C. Russell       | University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, UK|
|clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk |        (opinions my own, not theirs)            |

wright@etsuv2.etsu.edu (BRIAN WRIGHT) (05/09/91)

In article <1991May8.114553.11602@vaxa.strath.ac.uk>,
clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Stewart C. Russell) writes...
>I just got OctaMED yesterday; a commercial 8 channel MED with all the
>features of MED v3.0, and less of the bugs (there's a 4-channel MED v3.10 out
>as well, methinks, but it's not included).

Is OctaMED written by Teijo Kinnunen or is someone taking his source and
modifying it to make this new 8 voice MED?  If Teijo isn't writing this little
beast I think he should at least get partial payment and/or credit to this
commercial product as it was/is his program (even if it is PD).  If he is
writing this, good for him.  I am glad to see him making some money of his
work, he deserves it.

>The 8-channel stuff sounds a little ropey (well, the one demo does) but it's
>neat. It runs in Med-res mode, and manages to multitask whilst playing
>8-channels on a 2 bitplane screen (on a stock A500). I'm not sure whether
>it can load Oktalyzer files, but the 8-channel MEDplayer is freely
>distributable.

Who and where do we order it from?  Do tell!

>--
>|Stewart C. Russell       | University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, UK|
>|clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk |        (opinions my own, not theirs)            |
>|                Also known as scruss@cix.compulink.co.uk                   |
>|	"Beauty is truth, truth beauty" - Keats                             |
>|	"You lying get!" - The Living Carpets, Vic Reeves Big Night Out     |

Brian Wright
wright%etsuvax2@ricevm1.rice.edu   or   wright@etsuvax2.bitnet
Standard Disclaimer... not my words and all that jazz.

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (05/10/91)

In article <1991May9.003442.46616@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> wright@etsuv2.etsu.edu writes:
>In article <1991May8.114553.11602@vaxa.strath.ac.uk>,
>clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Stewart C. Russell) writes...
>>I just got OctaMED yesterday; a commercial 8 channel MED with all the
>>features of MED v3.0, and less of the bugs (there's a 4-channel MED v3.10 out
>>as well, methinks, but it's not included).
>
>Is OctaMED written by Teijo Kinnunen or is someone taking his source and
>modifying it to make this new 8 voice MED?  If Teijo isn't writing this little
>beast I think he should at least get partial payment and/or credit to this
>commercial product as it was/is his program (even if it is PD).  If he is
>writing this, good for him.  I am glad to see him making some money of his
>work, he deserves it.

He would certainly deserve it if it wasn't him that released this
version. Is there a PD external Player that comes with ? It'd be nice
to hear some demo songs from it......

>>The 8-channel stuff sounds a little ropey (well, the one demo does) but it's
>>neat. It runs in Med-res mode, and manages to multitask whilst playing
>
>Who and where do we order it from?  Do tell!
>
>>--
>>|Stewart C. Russell       | University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, UK|
>>|clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk |        (opinions my own, not theirs)            |
>>|                Also known as scruss@cix.compulink.co.uk                   |
>>|	"Beauty is truth, truth beauty" - Keats                             |
>>|	"You lying get!" - The Living Carpets, Vic Reeves Big Night Out     |

>Brian Wright
>wright%etsuvax2@ricevm1.rice.edu   or   wright@etsuvax2.bitnet
>Standard Disclaimer... not my words and all that jazz.

matt.