[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Wanted: PD audio conversion program: Amiga<->SUN

marc@octel.UUCP (Marc Lewert) (05/15/91)

I am looking for a program (either source or binary) that will convert
between SUN sound files and the Amiga IFF format (8SVX I think).  If you
know where I can find one (or them if they are a set of programs) please
send me e-mail.

	thanks in advance
		marc

[ Marc Lewert                      Phone: (408) 942-6626                 ]
[ Octel Communications Corp.       AspenNet(tm): (408) 942-6700 MB 6626  ]
[ 890 Tasman Dr.		   USENET: ...!mips!octel!marc           ]
[ Milpitas, CA 95035               Smart Mailer: marc@octel.com          ]
[ Disclaimer:  The company knows what I think, I tell them often enough. ]
--

s8922967@ipc05.mqcs.mq.oz.au (Murray John GILBERT) (05/23/91)

In article <482@octelb.octel.UUCP> marc@octel.UUCP (Marc Lewert) writes:
>I am looking for a program (either source or binary) that will convert
>between SUN sound files and the Amiga IFF format (8SVX I think).  If you
>know where I can find one (or them if they are a set of programs) please
>send me e-mail.
>
>	thanks in advance
>		marc
>
>[ Marc Lewert                      Phone: (408) 942-6626                 ]
>[ Octel Communications Corp.       AspenNet(tm): (408) 942-6700 MB 6626  ]
>[ 890 Tasman Dr.		   USENET: ...!mips!octel!marc           ]
>[ Milpitas, CA 95035               Smart Mailer: marc@octel.com          ]
>[ Disclaimer:  The company knows what I think, I tell them often enough. ]

I don't know where you can get something that does this though having a look
at the source for the Sun Play program, the includes, and a 'Play8' program
written by Patrick Quaid for his PCQ pascal compiler (PD), it looks as if
it wouldn't be too hard (at least for simple samples). I was even thinking
of writing such a beast ( only thinking mind you, I'll have to find the time )

let me know what you find out, thanx,
					Murray

Murray Gilbert	s8922967@ipc01.mqcs.mq.oz.au

whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) (05/24/91)

In article <937@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz> s8922967@ipc05.mqcs.mq.oz.au (Murray John GILBERT) writes:
>In article <482@octelb.octel.UUCP> marc@octel.UUCP (Marc Lewert) writes:
>>I am looking for a program (either source or binary) that will convert
>>between SUN sound files and the Amiga IFF format (8SVX I think).  If you
>>know where I can find one (or them if they are a set of programs) please
>>send me e-mail.
>
>I don't know where you can get something that does this though having a look
>at the source for the Sun Play program, the includes, and a 'Play8' program
>written by Patrick Quaid for his PCQ pascal compiler (PD), it looks as if
>it wouldn't be too hard (at least for simple samples). I was even thinking
>of writing such a beast ( only thinking mind you, I'll have to find the time )

I have already uuencoded the sun<=>amiga converter from ucsd.ucsd.edu
and sent it to one guy. If anyone else wants, let me know, OR if you
can ftp try the above machine.

Alan

|  D. Alan Whinery| The Institute for Astronomy, University of Hawaii   |
| Technical Genius| Internet: whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu               |