[comp.sys.amiga.audio] MultiRipper Help

rocky@socrates.umd.edu (rocky giannini (o)) (05/20/91)

Hi,

Could someone post a short step-by-step tutorial on pulling a song out of a
demo or game using Multi-ripper?  Maybe you could use one of the graphics/
audio demos on one of the FTP sites as an example...

I've tried using the program on a couple of different things and I haven't
had any success!

Thanks!
-Rocky

--
==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==
== Rocky Giannini                Internet: rocky@socrates.umd.edu ==

steve@psych.psy.uq.oz.au (Steve Schwartz) (05/20/91)

rocky@socrates.umd.edu (rocky giannini (o)) writes:

>Hi,

>Could someone post a short step-by-step tutorial on pulling a song out of a
>demo or game using Multi-ripper?  Maybe you could use one of the graphics/
>audio demos on one of the FTP sites as an example...

>I've tried using the program on a couple of different things and I haven't
>had any success!

>Thanks!
>-Rocky

Multiripper works on most demos that I've tried it on, but for
this example try Snurkel--it worked first time. I think it is in
amiga/demos/euro now that ab20.larc.nasa.gov has been cleaned
up.

1. change to the directory where the demo is
2. read snrukel
3. hunt

NB 2&3 are the cammands.

This doesn't always work, and sometimes you have to resort with
scanning the whole disk and then hunting to get the module. I
had to do this with Coma for example.

Those are the two main ways I try it.

GPS.

slmvk@cc.usu.edu (05/30/91)

--

	If the other methods mentioned before don't work, you can try using the
'find' command to look for strings that are often found in modules ('ST-' and

							Jon Taylor
							SLMVK@cc.usu.edu

"The only sin lies in hurting others unnecessarily.  Hurting YOURSELF is NOT
 sinful, just stupid." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Raise the speed limit.  Think of it as evolution in action" - from _Oath of
 Fealty_ by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle