[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Need help sampling with MED3.0

dannie@coplex.uucp (Dannie Gregoire) (06/03/91)

I have had MED 3.0 for quite some time now, but have never been able to
get it to sample properly.  All samples that a make using MED are of VERY
poor quality and sound tinny/static(y).  I have twiddled with the sampling
rate with only very modest improvements in the sound quality.  I am using
Perfect Sound and an A3000.  My current solution is to exit MED and
use the Perfect souns software to do all of my sampling and use MED to
do the editing. This is a real hassel.  Any suggestions???

Thanks a head of time...
 |    Dannie J. Gregoire            \\\\////         dannie@coplex         |
 |  Copper Electronics Inc.         ////\\\\         !uunet!coplex!dannie  |

ceej@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Chris J Hillery) (06/03/91)

dannie@coplex.uucp (Dannie Gregoire) writes:

>I have had MED 3.0 for quite some time now, but have never been able to
>get it to sample properly.  All samples that a make using MED are of VERY
>poor quality and sound tinny/static(y).  I have twiddled with the sampling
>rate with only very modest improvements in the sound quality.  I am using
>Perfect Sound

  Aha, we have the culprit.  That is, if you have a Perfect Sound 3.0 or
higher.  PS3's method of digital gain control (ie, software) is all very
nice, but it left third-party software developers rather cold, since at
least at first Sunrize didn't bother to tell anyone how to do it, and at
any rate for free/shareware products is a needless hassle.  Very bad move
on Sunrize's part, IMHO.  You're doing right; the only real solution (short
of finding another sampler, or finding an older model Perfect Sound with a
nice simple knob for gain =) is to use their software; a pity.

>               and an A3000.  My current solution is to exit MED and
>use the Perfect souns software to do all of my sampling and use MED to
>do the editting.

   Yes, MED's editor is rather nicer than the PS one, isn't it?

>Thanks a head of time...

  Sorry and good luck,

> |    Dannie J. Gregoire            \\\\////         dannie@coplex         |
> |  Copper Electronics Inc.         ////\\\\         !uunet!coplex!dannie  |

Ceej
aka Chris Hillery
ceej@rpi.edu