[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Med 3.00

R18QC@CUNYVM.BITNET (Jeannopoulos Alex) (03/08/91)

    I received a copy of MED 3.0 from Teijo himself. The program isnt actually
shareware because he wont refuse any gifts sent his way. The program can be fre
ely distributed just as long as all full credits go to him. I will try to uploa
d it this weekend. I will ship it to abcfd20. I am sorry if it takes a few days
. I will get to it.

                                                  Alex Jeannopoulos
                                                  R18QC@CUNYVM

moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp (David Culberson) (06/04/91)

        Hello, I have heard from some that Med 3.00 is commercial, and
from some that it is PD. Could someone tell me wich it is? And, if it's
PD, please uuencode it and send it to me EMAIL, or post it here, BUT if it
s commercial, could you tell me where to get it from, and how much? I am
really interested in trying this out, it sounds really excellent from
whatI've heard. Thanks alot! Bye!
                                David

Now the world has gone to bed,  MoonHawk@Bluemoon.uucp          ////|all
Darkness won't engulf my head,  moonhawk%bluemoon@nstar.rn.com //// |hail
I can see by infrared,                                     \\\\///__|the
How I hate the night.      Yeah, this IS an annoying SIG.   \\\\/   |miga

clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Stewart C. Russell) (06/05/91)

In article <RoTZ32w164w@bluemoon.uucp>, moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp (David Culberson) writes:

>         Hello, I have heard from some that Med 3.00 is commercial, and
> from some that it is PD. Could someone tell me wich it is? And, if it's

MED v3.xx (now at v3.11) is freely distributable. OctaMED (an 8-channel MED)
is commercial.

> PD, please uuencode it and send it to me EMAIL, or post it here, BUT if it

 Archived, it's over 1 MB long. Not such a good idea to email it

> s commercial, could you tell me where to get it from, and how much? I am
> really interested in trying this out, it sounds really excellent from
> whatI've heard. Thanks alot! Bye!

Find a UK Amiga mag and look for an "Amiganuts United" ad. They sell
OctaMED for #15 Sterling to anywhere in the world.

It is good, by the way.

--
|Stewart C. Russell       | University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, UK|
|clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk |        (opinions my own, not theirs)            |

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (06/05/91)

In article <RoTZ32w164w@bluemoon.uucp>, moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp (David Culberson) writes:

>         Hello, I have heard from some that Med 3.00 is commercial, and
> from some that it is PD. Could someone tell me wich it is? And, if it's

It is not commercial.  Never has been either.  It can be found via FTP at AB20,
via the mail server at MRCserv@Janus.MtRoyal.AB.CA and on the Fish disks (476
with sample songs on 478).

--
        .../Ed     Preferrred:  Ed.Wilts@BSC.Galaxy.BCSystems.Gov.BC.CA
Ed Wilts            Alternate:  EdWilts@BCSC02.BITNET    (604) 389-3430

hb136@leah.albany.edu (Herb Brown) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun5.090510.8715@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca> ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) writes:
>In article <RoTZ32w164w@bluemoon.uucp>, moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp (David Culberson) writes:
>>
>>         Hello, I have heard from some that Med 3.00 is commercial, and
>> from some that it is PD. Could someone tell me wich it is? And, if it's
>
>It is not commercial.  Never has been either.  It can be found via FTP at AB20,
>via the mail server at MRCserv@Janus.MtRoyal.AB.CA and on the Fish disks (476
>with sample songs on 478).
>
>--
>        .../Ed

MED 3.10 is now on FF-483.

Herb

Herb Brown  Math Dept  The Univ at Albany  Albany, NY 12222  (518) 442-4640
hibrown@leah.albany.edu or hibrown@cs.albany.edu or hibrown@bst.albany.edu

dean@coplex.uucp (Dean Brooks) (06/07/91)

clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Stewart C. Russell) writes:

>MED v3.xx (now at v3.11) is freely distributable. OctaMED (an 8-channel MED)
>is commercial.

I currently have MED version 3.00; where can version 3.11 be found?
Furthermore, is there an ftp site that always keeps the latest version
of MED available for retrieval?

                                            Regards...
--
dean@coplex.uucp (Dean Brooks)
Copper Electronics, Inc.

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.174232.253@coplex.uucp>, dean@coplex.uucp (Dean Brooks) writes:
> clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Stewart C. Russell) writes:
>
>>MED v3.xx (now at v3.11) is freely distributable. OctaMED (an 8-channel MED)
>>is commercial.
>
> I currently have MED version 3.00; where can version 3.11 be found?
> Furthermore, is there an ftp site that always keeps the latest version
> of MED available for retrieval?
>
> --
> dean@coplex.uucp (Dean Brooks)

MED 3.10 is on Fish 483.  These Fish are on grind.isca.uiowa.edu.  As well, I
have put MED on MRCserv in [.music.utils]med_310.lzh.