[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Module creator/editor

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Gun Control is a firm grip) (06/15/91)

I was interesting in ripping/making/editing various modules such as
noisetracker/soundtracker mods and the MED mods. <incedentally how many types
of sound mods are there?> Would I need a midi instrument ot anything of that
nature to do so? or can I do it all on the amiga? Any programs out there that
can edit MED/Mod.* files?

PiRho- Because its Co-Ed!  Macintoshes should be accelerated at 32ft/sec^2
Gun Control means using both hands
"Maybe You should be accelerated at 32'/sec^2 off a cliff onto some jagged
rocks. Elitist smeghead" ianj@ijpc.UUCP in [L76131w164w@ijpc.UUCP]

s892031@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Pumpkin Power) (06/21/91)

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Gun Control is a firm grip) writes:

>I was interesting in ripping/making/editing various modules such as
>noisetracker/soundtracker mods and the MED mods. <incedentally how many types
>of sound mods are there?> Would I need a midi instrument ot anything of that
>nature to do so? or can I do it all on the amiga? Any programs out there that
>can edit MED/Mod.* files?

No extra hardware is required, you just need to get hold of any of the
SoundTracker/NoiseTracker/Protracker programs (or MED, which I don't use
so can't tell you much about it). Try the FTP site funic.funet.fi and
see what programs you find there (they're not on ab20 that I've seen). You
might also find StarTrekker which is another editor. The best one to
look for is ProTracker1.1B. None of the *tracker programs are likely to
be able to edit MED files, but there aren't many MED files around that
I've seen anyway.

	   Pumpkin Power  :  s892031@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au