[comp.sys.amiga.audio] digital.audio

hb136@leah.albany.edu (Herb Brown) (06/26/91)

There is a rather large file (over 400k) on ab20.larc.nasa.gov in
/incoming/amiga/NoiseTracker called digital.lzh (= digital.audio).
Does anyone know what this is?

Herb

Herb Brown  Math Dept  The Univ at Albany  Albany, NY 12222  (518) 442-4640
hibrown@leah.albany.edu or hibrown@cs.albany.edu or hibrown@bst.albany.edu

nygardm@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Michael T. Nygard) (06/27/91)

hb136@leah.albany.edu (Herb Brown) writes:

>There is a rather large file (over 400k) on ab20.larc.nasa.gov in
>/incoming/amiga/NoiseTracker called digital.lzh (= digital.audio).
>Does anyone know what this is?

>Herb

Since I wrote and uploaded it, I have a pretty good idea.  It's a ST/NT
module that I created.  The large size is the result of the large number of
"instruments" in it.  Here's the story.

About two months ago, I was playing with my roommates project from a class.
The project was a standalone digital sample/playback unit.  I hooked it up
though the serial port (it was never designed to interface) and started
sampling.  I had gotten samples from many of the people in my house here
on campus, and started playing with them.  The result was _Digital Audio_.
It runs about 4 minutes and has 28 instruments, 21 of which are digitized voices
Credits as follows
------------------
Mike Nygard - "New Order!"
Ben Holland - "I don't think so."
Jennifer Messenger - "How rude!"
Alex Rosser - "B-b-b-bitch"
Sarah Yoder - Ryyaaauck (we call it her griffin sound, hard to describe)
Pete Dussin - "What is the meaning?"
Joan-Marie Gimbel - "It's the best", "Ooooooooh"
Bevan Bennett - "Join the Dark Side, ya knob"
Bill Greene - "Hi-ho its Kermit the Frog"
Anna George - "Eeeeeewwwwww"
Alan Kulawik (built the digitizer) - "Danger, this is digital audio"
David "Bucky" Brandt - "Yii doggy doggy"
Matt Johnson - "Eject Buckaroo, Eject!"
Rob Padula - "But if you record my voice, you'll steal my soul."
Samantha Seaward - "I'm sure"
Gary Olsen - "Oh my!"
Sandee Perez - "What is the point?"
Jay Kubicky - "'S not a problem"
Miikka Kangas (no not a typo) - "We must digitize all the hu-mans"
Jerry Carter (backwards) - "I live!"

Hope this clears it up!

>--
>Herb Brown  Math Dept  The Univ at Albany  Albany, NY 12222  (518) 442-4640
>hibrown@leah.albany.edu or hibrown@cs.albany.edu or hibrown@bst.albany.edu
|                                       |    Mike Nygard                |
| (This space intentionally left blank) | nygardm@coil.cco.caltech.edu  |