[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Requesting info about Perfect Sound 3

neiger@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Neiger) (06/20/91)

I have recently purchased a Perfect Sound 3 sampler and I want to know what is
wrong with them (request for information NOT a criticism).

Do they work with Audio Master II and Audio Engineer and if so, what sampler are
they equivalent to?

Do they work with other software or am I stuck to using Perfect SOund?

Please E-mail as I don't often have time to read the news.

--
David S. Neiger                 |  neiger@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
                                |  neiger@eng2.eng.monash.edu.au
Research Assistant              |  phone:  +61 3 565 4372 (W/H)
Accident Research Centre        |  fax  :  +61 3 571 1894 (By arrangement)
Monash University.  CLAYTON  Vic.  3168.  Australia.

berger@geocub.UUCP (Olivier Berger) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun20.231034.86920@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> neiger@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Neiger) writes:
>I have recently purchased a Perfect Sound 3 sampler and I want to know what is
>wrong with them (request for information NOT a criticism).
>
>Do they work with Audio Master II and Audio Engineer and if so, what sampler are
>they equivalent to?
>
>Do they work with other software or am I stuck to using Perfect SOund?

Well, the problem with perfect Sound 3 is that the gain is software
regulated whereas other samplers are manually regaulated.
so Perfect Sound 3 is not really compatible with most softwares.

Now I'm a friend of some programmers at the french C.I.S company wich
is importing Perfect Sound in france. And they have developped a
program called MMU (Music Management Unit) which is able to digitize
with perfect sound and which includes many tools for digitized sounds
editing, and a soundtracker-like sequencer.
A minor version will be released for registered Perfect Sound owners
(at least in france) and the full version (includeing arexx port and
very sofisticated) will be released soon, separately from perfect
sound.
I don't know now for any official release date, but the beta version
is really impressive.
For the avaibility in the US, I have no idea of who's gonna distribute
it, and when....
Don't worry, such a product will surely come very soon, and numerous
reviews will follow .

FROM: OLIVIER BERGER			UNIVERSITE DE BORDEAUX I
Administrator of the Bordeaux		LICENCE D'INFORMATIQUE
User Group of Scientific Students	berger@geocub.greco-prog.fr