[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Postscript Preferences Driver

a468@mindlink.UUCP (Graham Parkinson) (01/11/91)

   Did anyone save the address of the Finish group that released
a Postscript driver for the Amiga?  This driver allowed non postscript
programs to drive a Postscript printer through a preferences selection.
This is'nt necessary of course for Postscript applications which go
straight to PAR: but it would be great to route all your output to the
same printer setting.   So again: anyone seen/used this driver...?
and from who/where would one get it?
                                      Thanks ---
*  Graham Parkinson - Frontier GeoSciences, Vancouver BC CANADA  *
*  uunet Graham_Parkinson@Mindlink.UUCP                          *

a468@mindlink.UUCP (Graham Parkinson) (01/13/91)

   Hello Leonard
      Thanks for your reply which I received the next day here
   on the other side of the planet.  Can you give some more details
   of the Postscript driver "Postdriver"?  Price, font control
   rotations, scaling etc.  Does it have an intuition interface
   like the preferences gadgets - does it replace preferences -
   can you bypass it for other printer modes?  And of course
   how much would the shipping be from Finland to North America?
                              Yours from Lat 49.2 N Long 123.2 W

vinsci@nic.funet.fi (Leonard Norrgard) (01/13/91)

In article <4414@mindlink.UUCP> a468@mindlink.UUCP (Graham Parkinson) writes:
>   Did anyone save the address of the Finish group that released
>a Postscript driver for the Amiga?  This driver allowed non postscript
>programs to drive a Postscript printer through a preferences selection.
>This is'nt necessary of course for Postscript applications which go
>straight to PAR: but it would be great to route all your output to the
>same printer setting.   So again: anyone seen/used this driver...?
>and from who/where would one get it?

We are:

	Soft Service, Inc.
	ElectroCity, 4th floor
	SF-20520 ABO
	Finland

	Tel. +358-21-6375762
	FAX: +358-21-6375729

If you want it urgently, you can purchase it directly from us; it will
be available in shops world-wide RSN. VISA & MasterCard accepted.

>		 Thanks ---
>--
>*  Graham Parkinson - Frontier GeoSciences, Vancouver BC CANADA  *
>*  uunet Graham_Parkinson@Mindlink.UUCP                          *

You're welcome,

-- Leonard

vinsci@nic.funet.fi (Leonard Norrgard) (01/21/91)

In article <4433@mindlink.UUCP> a468@mindlink.UUCP (Graham Parkinson) writes:
      Hello Leonard
	 Thanks for your reply which I received the next day here
      on the other side of the planet.

Modern times :-) I don't read the news every day though... E-Mail is
checked more often though.

      Can you give some more details
      of the Postscript driver "Postdriver"?  Price,

The price will change, in the upward direction; new price not decided
upon yet. It will remain under $100.

      font control

Yes, you can specify what PostScript fonts to use, their size (in
points, starting with the February release). Separate controls for
proportional and monospaced fonts. Full underline, italics, boldface
and any combination. Superscripts and subscripts are of course fully
supported.

      rotations, scaling etc.

landscape/portrait selectable (Feb release); None, 2, 4, 8, 16 etc. up
to 1024 thumbnails per sheet of paper can be printed with automatic
scaling and rotation, None= normal output.

      Does it have an intuition interface
      like the preferences gadgets

Yes. It is like the WB 2.0 preferences, also under WB1.3. You can save
preferences or change them temporarily. You can also try out your
settings without leaving the PostDriver preferences program, by
pressing the shift key while selecting the "Use" gadget.

	 - does it replace preferences -
      can you bypass it for other printer modes?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, however: PostDriver is a
fully compatible preferences printer driver that installs in the
workbench printers directory. PostDriver doesn't replace the
printer.device (there is no need to do that); you select it like any
other printer driver in the Amiga preferences. If you want to use an
other printer temporarily, you just switch the active printer driver
in preferences.
  PostDriver have a whole bunch of other needed features, like
extensive graphics support (the Feb release have color PostScript
support too!), direct print to file (no CMD needed) & more.
  Suggestions are always welcome, problems get fixed.

      And of course
      how much would the shipping be from Finland to North America?

Affordable, but depends on what kind of shipping you need. We can ship
it by courier (your choise of either TNT Skypac or DHL) or normal
air-mail (about 10 days to the US). Courier service is about US$ 50
for the europe->US direction.

				 Yours from Lat 49.2 N Long 123.2 W

Now I'll have to find out where that is! ;-)

-- Leonard