[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Eiffel for the Amiga?

etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se (Tommy Petersson) (01/15/91)

In article <1991Jan11.170123.7900@nntp-server.caltech.edu> tll@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Tal Lewis Lancaster) writes:
>bojsen@moria.UUCP (Per Bojsen) writes:
>
>>Does anybody know if the object-oriented langauge Eiffel has been ported
>>to the Amiga?
>
>The Amiga version of Eiffel is still under development.
>
>Tal.

The estimated release of Eiffel for AmigaDOS is third quarter 91.
This is after both Atari and MS-DOG, but not bad anyway. The interesting
bit is when someone makes a good graphics class library specially for
the Amiga, it could ease Amiga programming...

Tommy Petersson
etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se

rosenber@ra.abo.fi (Robin Rosenberg INF) (01/20/91)

Who is doing the port? Company, address, phone, fax.

	Thanks

stewartw@cognos.UUCP (Stewart Winter) (01/24/91)

In article <ROSENBER.91Jan19212914@ra.abo.fi> rosenber@ra.abo.fi (Robin Rosenberg INF) writes:

>Who is doing the port? Company, address, phone, fax.

    As far as I know, ISE is still the only company making an eiffel
compiler (unfortunately), so that would have to be the one that could
be ported.  The ISE compiler generates C code, so you would need a
compatible C compiler as well.

--
Stewart Winter               Cognos Incorporated   S-mail: P.O. Box 9707
VOICE: (613) 738-1338 x3830  FAX: (613) 738-0002           3755 Riverside Drive