[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Best PD Editor w/ ARexx

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (01/22/91)

We've heard a good deal about word processors and commercial editors; I need
a public-domain or shareware editor that has ARexx hooks.  What would be the
best one?  I currently use a crippled beta version of QED.  It's a good editor,
but before I register I'd like to get some opinions from the net.  How is
UEdit?  I've heard not as good as QED, but again, I'd like some opinions.

Thanks much,
Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.           | Academic Info Resources
                 | __  ///    Today, Anthropology.    | Mac & UNIX Sys-Support
bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | "Somebody get me a job
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow: napping in gutters.| with a computer I LIKE"

nick@uni-paderborn.de (Martin Koch) (01/24/91)

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) writes:

>We've heard a good deal about word processors and commercial editors; I need
>a public-domain or shareware editor that has ARexx hooks.  What would be the
>best one?  I currently use a crippled beta version of QED.  It's a good editor,
>but before I register I'd like to get some opinions from the net.  How is
>UEdit?  I've heard not as good as QED, but again, I'd like some opinions.

I think the 'best' PD-Editor is the DME from Matt Dillon. (Actual Version is 1.42
as far as i know). It's main advantages:

1.) It is PD! No Sharewarefee is necessary!

2.) Arexxport

3.) Own Programming Language. Therefor You can create any Keymapping.

4.) It is very short (about 50-60K). But it is very Powerfull.

To get more Infos on DME the emailaddress of the Author is:

dillon@overload.Berkeley.CA.US

I have tested several Editors for hours. I like DME best!

>Thanks much,
>Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.           | Academic Info Resources
>                 | __  ///    Today, Anthropology.    | Mac & UNIX Sys-Support
>bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | "Somebody get me a job
>   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow: napping in gutters.| with a computer I LIKE"

Bye ;-)
|---------------------------------------------------|
| Earth; planet         |Martin Koch                |
| "Mostly Harmless!"    |Alfred-Delp-Strasse 5      |
| The Hitchhiker's Guide|D-4787 Geseke 1  (Germany) |
| to the Galaxy         |02942/8249 (only weekend)  |
|---------------------------------------------------|
|       email to : nick@uni-paderborn.de            |
|     Amiga User Group University of Paderborn      |
|       Amiga ---  You can't beat the Feeling       |
| Amiga: PasTeX1.06 , C (DICE 2.05), ARexx, DME     |
|               AmigaGuru - ChessGuru               |
--
Bye ;-)