[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Harvard Graphics?

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Adam Hill) writes:

> .. And to interject even more IBM stuff in the Amiga Group......

> I WISH SOMEONE WOULD PORT HARVARD GRAPHICS!!! You have to use this
> program with Draw Partner to appreciate it. I whipped out some
> variations of our company logo and logos for each depts in under
> 20minutes! I did a a few graphs of sales vs. X and a few others in
> another 20. It was INCREDIBLY easy. (And I haven't even seen the
> AutoGraphix Slide and Transparancy Service in action!!)

Well, as a former employee working on H.G. 3.0, I can tell you that when
I (repeatedly) mentioned how much easier it would be to make the code
work on an Amiga, they just looked at me like I was daft, then sat me down
and explained the Marketing View of Reality to me.  In a phrase: No Way!
I heard "toy computer" and "no business presence" a lot too.  This despite
repeated presentations by Amiga developers to SPC management.

So tell me, did they ever release 3.0? They booted me for "slowing the
project down" (my part was wrapped before anyone elses, but they had
slipped seven months in the nine months I was there and needed a
scapegoat (IMHO); a year after I got the door they had slipped about
another year, and were still adding bodies to a late project, but their
press releases were telling how work to shoehorn the bigger applications
into the 640K universe was turning the old one year projects into two
year projects, blah, blah, blah), it's been about 3.5 years for a nine
month project, is it soup yet? ;-)

Kent, the man from xanth.
Sweet revenge is most often received by the patient.

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) (01/26/91)

I dunno, but after using Harvard Graphics on a PC at work several
times, I'm not all that impressed with it.

					--Moriland

--
| hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu |    __                                |
|                               | __/// Viva Amiga!                    |

cmw1725@tamsun.u.washington.edu (Christopher Walton) (01/26/91)

In article <4867@vela.acs.oakland.edu> hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) writes:

>I dunno, but after using Harvard Graphics on a PC at work several
>times, I'm not all that impressed with it.
>
>					--Moriland
>
>--

Not that I like Harvard Graphics all that much, but you have to use an
application like that more than several times to get "impressed" with
some of it's features.  Programs like that take a while to see the little
quirks that make things easy and overall GOOD.  (Though the Ami is better!)

Christopher Walton
cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu
n074ev@tamuts.tamu.edu