[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Seeking printer driver for Epson LQ-510

lhummel@urbana.mcd.mot.com (Lionel Hummel) (01/24/91)

A friend without network access is seeking a printer driver that will take
advantage of the Epson LQ-510's 360x360 and bi-directional printing modes.

He finds himself unable to take advantage of either of these capabilities
using the EpsonQ driver on the 1.3 Extras disk.

Please respond to me via email or to:

Joshua Tabin, (217) 384-7722.

Thanks.

--
                                      < Lionel
-----------

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (01/26/91)

lhummel@urbana.mcd.mot.com (Lionel Hummel) writes:
>A friend without network access is seeking a printer driver that will take
>advantage of the Epson LQ-510's 360x360 and bi-directional printing modes.
>
>He finds himself unable to take advantage of either of these capabilities
>using the EpsonQ driver on the 1.3 Extras disk.
>
>Please respond to me via email or to:
>
>Joshua Tabin, (217) 384-7722.
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>                                      < Lionel
>-----------
>Lionel D. Hummel, Software Engineer                         [H] (217) 344-8713
>Motorola Microcomputer Division, Urbana Design Center       [W] (217) 384-8511
>lhummel@urbana.mcd.mot.com      uiucuxc!udc!lhummel       uiucdcs!large!lionel

I don't believe it's 360x360. I think it's 360x180.  oh well, it doesn't
matter since you need a 360 dpi source to see the difference.  things such as
pagestream's compu-graphic and other fonts let you print at the highest
resolution your printer is capable of.

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!chucks@nosc.mil
INET: chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org

wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) (01/28/91)

In article <3892@orbit.cts.com>, Erik Funkenbusch writes:

> I don't believe it's 360x360. I think it's 360x180.  oh well, it doesn't
> matter since you need a 360 dpi source to see the difference.  things such as
> pagestream's compu-graphic and other fonts let you print at the highest
> resolution your printer is capable of.

Right... another disadvantage of EpsonQ is the single page mode.
While printing graphics in single page mode, only 16pins of the
printer head get used instead of 24 :-( According to the driver
docs, this is done because of small power supplys used by some
brands. I don't know a printer with this type of trouble, so it's
really questionable why so many people must bother with this
option. Also, for supporting Epsons cutting sheed feature a real single
page mode is a must.

Try those EpsonQPlus/Oki24Plus/Nec24Plus drivers for 360*360DPI and more...
-----
Wolf Faust    UUCP:cbmvax.commodore.com!cbmehq!cbmger!venus!wfaust
Tel: (+49)69 5486556         FIDO: 2:243/43.5