[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Atalk III...

oliver@tigger.cs.unc.edu (Bill Oliver) (01/13/91)

Does anyone know how to change the kermit packet length in
ATALK-III?

thanks,

bill oliver

swalton@solaria.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) (01/13/91)

In article <270@borg.cs.unc.edu>, oliver@tigger (Bill Oliver) writes:

>Does anyone know how to change the kermit packet length in
>ATALK-III?

It is fixed at 94 characters for the built-in Kermit.  If you
want to use long packets, get XPR Kermit and select it via the
Protocols menu.  You should be prompted for packet length via a
string requester.
-------------------------------
Stephen Walton, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Univ. Northridge
   I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!

42_153@uwovax.uwo.ca (01/27/91)

Does anyone know what the latest revision of Atalk III is?

Jim Griffiths				42_153@hydra.uwo.ca
CCS Hardware Services			(519)661-3027
University of Western Ontario		London, Ontario

ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan26.212850.8406@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 42_153@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
> Does anyone know what the latest revision of Atalk III is?

..and how to get an upgrade?! I wrote Oxxi one and a half month ago
asking for upgade info (A-Talk III and MaxiPlan Plus), but no answer
so far...

(It is a pity that many fine programs are distributed by companies
 neglecting their old customers:-( )

> Jim Griffiths				42_153@hydra.uwo.ca
> CCS Hardware Services			(519)661-3027
> University of Western Ontario		London, Ontario

  Reijo Ronkko     University of Helsinki, Dept. of General Microbiology,
                   Mannerheimintie 172, 00300 Helsinki, FINLAND
                   Fax +358-0-4735426

                   Ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi

jjj@polari.UUCP (Jeff J) (01/30/91)

How does Atalk 	III work on a A3000?  Any particular version needed?

kominetz@cbmvax.commodore.com (John Kominetz - Product Assurance) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan29.001825.4695@cc.helsinki.fi> ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi writes:
>In article <1991Jan26.212850.8406@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 42_153@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>> Does anyone know what the latest revision of Atalk III is?
>
>..and how to get an upgrade?! I wrote Oxxi one and a half month ago
>asking for upgade info (A-Talk III and MaxiPlan Plus), but no answer
>so far...

	The most recent version (as of two weeks ago) is 1.3e.  You must call
Oxxi to order it, and it costs $20.  (Their upgrade policy seems to be $10 a
disk...at least that is how they billed me.)

        It includes some pretty neat stuff like external protocols (Compuserve
B+ at last!) and even includes some capability for BBS/automated functions
through ATalk and ARexx.  Still the best terminal package I've used for the
Amiga.

	John Kominetz

disclaimer:  I am not a Commodore.