[comp.sys.amiga.applications] NX1000 ribbon woes please help!!!!

cole@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (02/06/91)

Is there any way to use a regular one color(black) ribbon on my NX1000
rainbow?  I'm getting sick of the black part of the ribbon always running
out of ink while I still have the other three colors full.

C503719@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Baird McIntosh) (02/06/91)

In Message-ID: <28377.27ae8943@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>
          cole@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu said:
>Is there any way to use a regular one color(black) ribbon on my NX1000
>rainbow?  I'm getting sick of the black part of the ribbon always running
>out of ink while I still have the other three colors full.

You can buy the normal NX-1000 black ribbon cartridges for about $7.00US and
use them in the Rainbow.  That's all I use since I got my NX-1000 Rainbow;
they work fine.

| Baird McIntosh | c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet |
|    "K I L L   T H E   R A T !"  -- seen on a sign at a pro-Gulf_War rally |
|                                                                           |

varney@cbnewsd.att.com (Al Varney) (02/07/91)

In article <28377.27ae8943@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> cole@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Is there any way to use a regular one color(black) ribbon on my NX1000
>rainbow?  I'm getting sick of the black part of the ribbon always running
>out of ink while I still have the other three colors full.

 [ Pardon me while I help out yet another Jayhawk with life's difficulties.]

Just put in a Star-NX1000 Black Ribbon cartridge, as specified in the
User's Manual.  Can also put in other single-color ribbon cartridges, but
of course, they won't print in black.  (I hear KSU Purple looks great!)

You're welcome,
Al Varney, Kansas State Univ. grad., BS ElecEng, '70    MS CompSci, '87