[comp.sys.amiga.applications] ProDraw files

forgeas@swinjm.UUCP (Jean-Michel Forgeas - FRANCE) (02/05/91)

Hello, we are looking for developping an application which
would have to read and display vectorial drawings imported
from ProDraw, so I would like to know if the file format
specifications for ProDraw drawings are public, and if yes
where I could find them.
Does anyone remember if an IFF form is being developed for
this purpose?

Thanks,
    Jean-Michel
--
                                     \___/
Jean-Michel Forgeas                   \-/

blatter@ifi.unizh.ch (Martin Blatter) (02/08/91)

In article <18a168a7.ARN0d26@swinjm.UUCP> forgeas@swinjm.UUCP (Jean-Michel Forgeas) writes:
>so I would like to know if the file format
>specifications for ProDraw drawings are public, and if yes
>where I could find them.

I don't think the format is public. Soft-Logik had to reverse-engineer
to format for their PDraw import module for PageStream 2.1.
Apparently, Gold Disk wants to keep this fomat a secret.

>Does anyone remember if an IFF form is being developed for
>this purpose?

The IFF format is called DR2D and is currently supported only
by ProVector (Taliesin Inc.) and PageStream 2.1 (Soft-Logik Co.).
Documentation about DR2D should be available from CATS.

>Jean-Michel Forgeas                   \-/

--Martin

cunniff@hpfcso.HP.COM (Ross Cunniff) (02/11/91)

>>Does anyone remember if an IFF form is being developed for
>>this purpose?

>The IFF format is called DR2D and is currently supported only
>by ProVector (Taliesin Inc.) and PageStream 2.1 (Soft-Logik Co.).
>Documentation about DR2D should be available from CATS.

Saxon Publisher also supports it, and several others are in the
works.

>>Jean-Michel Forgeas                   \-/
>--Martin

				Ross Cunniff
				Hewlett-Packard Colorado Language Lab
				cunniff@hpfcla.HP.COM