[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Prodraw to Coral Draw

whirt@cup.portal.com (William Bill Hirt) (02/16/91)

In message glenn@b17d.ingr.com (Glenn Scott at x7843)
<1991Feb14.194854.24555@b17d.ingr.com> writes:

>Does anyone know of a way to convert vector output from Professional Draw
>2.0 to a vector format that CorelDraw on the PC can read?  We are doing
>illustrations on our Amiga 2000 to be loaded into a PC.  The guy we're
>doing the work for needs the drawings to be in vector format so that he
>can manipulate them before printing.  Here's what we've tried so far -

I may of just run across a program here the other day which may solve
your problem. The program is called EPS2EPSI.ZOO on Bix and ESP2ESPI.LZH
on my BBS. Here is documentation file:

Begin included text:

EPS2EPSI Version 0.9

Copyright 1990, Integrated Systems Inc.
Written by Chris Nicotra
All rights reserved.
This code is freely redistrubable for non-commerical use only.

This program requires Adrian Aylward's post v1.1 library.

"EPS2EPSI", EPS converts Encapsulated PostScript files into
Encapsulated Postscript Interchange files.  This means, it adds a
simple bitmap representation of the postscript file so that the
programs which allow ESP to be imported can easily show what is
being included. It was written so that I could take EPS files that I
have or created with Professional Draw and import them into FRAME
Maker, a UNIX based Electronic Publishing System.  Of course the
output files can be used with any package that can import EPSI files.

This is a quick and dirty program that gets the job done, there is
no fancy user interface just command line options.  It is run as
follows:

eps2epsi infile -o outfile

The output file is optional, if left off the output will just go
to standard output. Other options could be added like lower the
resolution of the output image which would make the resulting files
much smaller. Also, this code could easily be changed to generate
the new Amiga IFF EPS files are ILBM files with embedded EPS chunks.

The current verion does not do any error handling with the error
codes returned by POST.  All POST error messages will go to standard
output.  If you use this on a file created by Professional Draw,
the ^D at the end of the file will cause an error message, but the
file will still be convert properly.

If nothing else this program is a simple example of how POST can be
used in an application program.  If anyone has any comments on
EPS2EPSI, please let me know.

- Chris Nicotra

End included text.

The latest version of Post is now 1.4 and is also available on my
BBS as POST14.LZH. I do not have FTP access, so I can not mail these
files to anyone. However, they are both file requestable from my BBS
(Fidonet 1:280/304). Post is also available on the major BBS services
while EPS2EPSI as far as I know is only on Bix.

Hope this helps.

Bill Hirt
Sysop Amiga Central BBS
(816) 587-5360