[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Software & 2.0

manjit@digigw.digital.co.jp (Manjit Bedi) (02/18/91)

I have an Amiga 3000 and the Disney Animation Studio 1.0 & Deluxe Paint III
3.21 ( around that, I forgot to write it down). Are there newer versions now
that work properly with system 2.0 and or use 2.0's features.

I recall seeing an add that Commodore put out saying DP III now supports
2.0 but what version number is it? I purchased DP III via mail order
and the box didn't have that little green sticker.  I had sent iin the
registration cards soon after purchasing the software last year.  It
is a little difficult for me to call them up since I am currently
residing in Japan( I am Canadian). Are there patches available?

I have a BIX account but I can't use it here.  If anyone has the patches
could they send them to me otherwise I will write directly to the
software publishers and ask them about what I have been babbling about.

Thanks in advance.

Are there any Amiga dealers or users in Japan specifically Osaka? I would
really like to know.

avi@chinet.chi.il.us (Avi Schwartz) (02/19/91)

In article <698@digigw.digital.co.jp> manjit@digigw.digital.co.jp (Manjit Bedi) writes:

>I have an Amiga 3000 and the Disney Animation Studio 1.0 & Deluxe Paint III
>3.21 ( around that, I forgot to write it down). Are there newer versions now
>that work properly with system 2.0 and or use 2.0's features.
>
>I recall seeing an add that Commodore put out saying DP III now supports
>2.0 but what version number is it? I purchased DP III via mail order
>and the box didn't have that little green sticker.  I had sent iin the
>registration cards soon after purchasing the software last year.  It
>is a little difficult for me to call them up since I am currently
>residing in Japan( I am Canadian). Are there patches available?
>
>I have a BIX account but I can't use it here.  If anyone has the patches
>could they send them to me otherwise I will write directly to the
>software publishers and ask them about what I have been babbling about.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>

>Are there any Amiga dealers or users in Japan specifically Osaka? I would
>really like to know.

The version of DP III I have is 3.25.  It has the green sticker and is seems
to work Ok.

I don't remember seeing any patches in BIX.

-- Avi
     _          o                          avi@chinet.chi.il.us
   /  )/      _           Avi              GEnie mail - A.SCHWARTZ
 /   /   /|  / |       Schwartz            Compu$erve - 71350,2006

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) (02/21/91)

In article <698@digigw.digital.co.jp>, manjit@digigw.digital.co.jp (Manjit Bedi) writes:
> I have an Amiga 3000 and the Disney Animation Studio 1.0 & Deluxe Paint III
> 3.21 ( around that, I forgot to write it down). Are there newer versions now
> that work properly with system 2.0 and or use 2.0's features.

You did not mention which version of kickstart 2.0 you are using on your
3000, but Kickstart 2.02 seemed to solve the problems with the Disney
Animator and Electronic Arts has released v3.25 of Deluxe Paint III
that works with Kickstart 2.02.

> [stuff deleted]
> I have a BIX account but I can't use it here.  If anyone has the patches
> could they send them to me otherwise I will write directly to the
> software publishers and ask them about what I have been babbling about.

No patches...

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Are there any Amiga dealers or users in Japan specifically Osaka? I would
> really like to know.

 -mark=