[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Help w/ Shell startup!

axpmw@acad2.alaska.edu (02/22/91)

HELP!   I was messing around trying to set it up so
when I click on my SHELL ICON instead of opening up a shell,
I get

   Unable to open your tool  'SYS:System/CLI'

I can open a shell by using the execute command option, and then type newshell,
so all is not lost...  Once I open up a shell, then if I type
 SYS:system/cli   it will work...  so somehow I messed my icon up trying
to see if I could add

 newshell con:0/0/640/400/stuff

I wanted it to be a bigger window when I clicked on this icon.  But
somehow I broke the icon.  I would like to know how to fix this icon,
and how I can accomplish what I was trying to do in the first place
without destroying anything further!

Thanks for your help!   Pam  (AXPMW@ALASKA)
Disclaimer: "Don't ask me why I do what I do, I'm a blonde!"

axpmw@acad2.alaska.edu (02/22/91)

OOPS, I forgot to mention  I'm using an A3000 and wb. 2.0  ...
newshell newcon: wouldn't work when I tried it, so that's why I'm using
con: ... thanks again...

Pam

andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) (02/23/91)

In article <1991Feb21.192149.1@acad2.alaska.edu> axpmw@acad2.alaska.edu writes:
> newshell con:0/0/640/400/stuff

You wanted to say:

WINDOW=con:0/0/640/400/stuff

>I wanted it to be a bigger window when I clicked on this icon.  But
>Thanks for your help!   Pam  (AXPMW@ALASKA)

		andy
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Now all we need is a derranged programmer, said Master Li.  Fortunately,
 we are blessed with an overabundance here."