[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Need HPGL to Postscript converter...

Graham_Parkinson@mindlink.UUCP (Graham Parkinson) (02/25/91)

The program that you are looking for is indeed available and was included with
MultiplotXLNb.  Although presumably written by an
"amateur" it actually works rather quickly - writing a HPGL to Postscript
converter is mostly just a task of converting HPGL penmoves to
stroke commands.  Writing a general purpose Postscript interpreter is
a more complex task.
  What I would like to see/try is a HPPLOT: device for postscript
printers.  This could in principle be a lot faster than the PLT:
device which works well but slowly due to all that data transfer.
  Re where to get HPGL2PS1.2?  It was written by Rudolph Werner
of Coral Gables, Florida USA. - Thanks Rudolph!
Don't know any more than that - our user group here in Vancouver had it on the
monthly disk.
*  Graham Parkinson - Frontier GeoSciences, Vancouver BC CANADA  *
*  uunet Graham_Parkinson@Mindlink.UUCP                          *

skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) (02/26/91)

In article <4911@mindlink.UUCP> Graham_Parkinson@mindlink.UUCP (Graham Parkinson) writes:
>  Re where to get HPGL2PS1.2?  It was written by Rudolph Werner
>of Coral Gables, Florida USA. - Thanks Rudolph!
>Don't know any more than that - our user group here in Vancouver had it on the
>monthly disk.
>--
>*  Graham Parkinson - Frontier GeoSciences, Vancouver BC CANADA  *
>*  uunet Graham_Parkinson@Mindlink.UUCP                          *

     I finally located hpgl2ps.lzh in the /incoming/amiga directory of
ab20.larc.nasa.gov.  Thanks folks!
					--George