[comp.sys.amiga.applications] WP 4.2/HP Deskjet 500

jmarvin@.oracle.com (John W. Marvin) (02/27/91)

In article <101120002@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> aoe@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Alexander Elkins) writes:
>My stepfather in Los Angeles bought an HP Deskjet 500 recently.  He's been
>trying to get it to work with Word Perfect 4.2 on his A2000HD ever since.
>His major complaints are that it doesn't center or left justify correctly
>and that additional copies come out differently.  Word Perfect 4.2 doesn't
>have specific drivers for the HP Deskjet 500, so he's been using the driver
>for the HP Laserjet III printer.  Has anyone had any luck with doing this?
>Seems Page Stream doesn't (at least the version he checked out).

Gee, I'm using WP and PageStream on my Deskget 500, lets see..
 First, there is no WP 4.2 for Ami.  We're still stuck on 4.1.  The
latest verion is 1.4.12.  There *is* an HP Deskjet printer driver,
look for it in the long list of printers (PageDown from the
Choose Printer menu).  I just got my Deskjet recently, but I do
know that the driver was in 1.4.11.  Make sure your stepfather's up
to 1.4.12, it can't hurt!
 PageStream 2.1 does have a deskjet driver, and so did 2.0.  Again,
upgrade to the current version is a good idea.  And unlike WP, PageStream
upgrades really do upgrade their product!  ;-)

>  Thanks in advance!
>
>- Alexander Elkins (aoe@hpfiaoe.fc.hp.com) - I only work here - no endorsements!

* John W. S. Marvin             * There are times when the wolves *
* Oracle Multimedia Development * are silent, and the moon is     *
* jmarvin@oracle.com            * howling...                      *