[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Can I get a digital clock on the Handshake screen?

akerman@qucis.queensu.CA (Richard Akerman) (02/17/91)

I guess this is the right newsgroup.  Anyway, does anyone know of a digital
clock that can be made to pop up on the Handshake (2.12a, 2.20c is flaky)
screen?  I have tried RSLClock from Fred Fish #67 with Hyper Pop-Up but
nothing happens.  Right now I use DClock on the Workbench screen and flip
back and forth but I was hoping there was a better solution.

E-mail or post.  Thanks.

Richard Akerman

king@motcid.UUCP (Steven King) (02/20/91)

In article <1094@qusuna.queensu.CA> akerman@qucis.queensu.CA (Richard Akerman) writes:
>I guess this is the right newsgroup.  Anyway, does anyone know of a digital
>clock that can be made to pop up on the Handshake (2.12a, 2.20c is flaky)
>screen?  I have tried RSLClock from Fred Fish #67 with Hyper Pop-Up but
>nothing happens.  Right now I use DClock on the Workbench screen and flip
>back and forth but I was hoping there was a better solution.

ClockDJ is a mouse driver / clock program that can be set to pop up in front
of any screen.  This should do the trick for you.  In addition, the following
features are available (and can be turned off if you don't like 'em):

        Screen blanking
        Mounse pointer blanking
        Amiga-M to cycle through screens
        Sun-style window activation (the window under the mouse pointer
                is active, no need to click on it!)
        Key macros
	Hide/expose windows without using their gadgets
	Hide/expose screens without using their gadgets

Heck, probably a few other features I don't use often enough to remember.
Available on ab20.larc.nasa.gov.

        incoming/amiga/clockdj_4.07.lzh
        usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume89/intuition/clockdj.uu1.Z
        usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume89/intuition/clockdj407.uu1.Z
        usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume89/intuition/clockdj407.uu2.Z

--
---------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Vengeance is counter-productive.  Not to mention   |        Steven King

cs166wbq@sdcc8.ucsd.edu (02/25/91)

In article <4718@orchid3.UUCP> king@motcid.UUCP (Steven King) writes:
>In article <1094@qusuna.queensu.CA> akerman@qucis.queensu.CA (Richard Akerman) writes:
>
>ClockDJ is a mouse driver / clock program that can be set to pop up in front
>of any screen.  This should do the trick for you.  In addition, the following

ClockDJ doesn't work too well with popupmenu--more than one column
of menus screws up popupmenu, it seems.

king@motcid.UUCP (Steven King) (03/02/91)

In article <16959@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> cs166wbq@sdcc8.ucsd.edu writes:
>In article <4718@orchid3.UUCP> king@motcid.UUCP (Steven King) writes:
>>In article <1094@qusuna.queensu.CA> akerman@qucis.queensu.CA (Richard Akerman) writes:
>>
>>ClockDJ is a mouse driver / clock program that can be set to pop up in front
>>of any screen.  This should do the trick for you.  In addition, the following
>
>ClockDJ doesn't work too well with popupmenu--more than one column
>of menus screws up popupmenu, it seems.

Granted.  But I keep my ClockDJ clock in the screen's window titlebar.
If you select a menu using PopUpMenu when your mouse is in the titlebar,
PopUpMenu allows the menu to be displayed normally.  No problem on this
end!  Though I admit you could see problems if you move the clock window
around on your screen.

--
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all   |        Steven King