[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Notepad 1.7 on wb 2.0/a3000

axpmw@acad2.alaska.edu (03/07/91)

Help!

When I click on my notepad (not that I use it that much), I get the
following :

   "Notepad is looking for Fonts.  Are you there fonts?"

and the first time, my system rebooted,  the 2nd time I had my mouse
freeze and had to reboot, the 3rd time I had a shell open and it
said the same thing but no reboot had to be done, but I still couldn't
close the notepad window.  I could click on the box to close but it didn't
work. Plus my screen updating started to mess up.

I opened the shell to do a  DIR FONTS: and it showed my directory.
My guess is I have too many fonts for the notepad to handle (18 fonts).

I've submitted this question to applications and programmers...
hopefully someone can explain to me what's going on!

System: A3000/25 wb 2.0  notepad version 1.7

(nothing else was open/running in the background...)

oh and to the guys who know how to define things,  can someone
describe why the Amiga is multitasking compared to an ibm/mac system?
(we don't have 2 cpu's do we? so how can it run stuff simultaneously
without other windows pausing etc...)  I'm new to the amiga and wanta
be able to tell others why it's a true multi-tasking system correctly...
thanks ... Pam (Correct me please! if I'm way off base)

v30189@VAX1.CC.UAKRON.EDU (Mark Daniel) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar7.011936.1@acad2.alaska.edu> axpmw@acad2.alaska.edu writes:

>My guess is I have too many fonts for the notepad to handle (18 fonts).
>
>I've submitted this question to applications and programmers...
>thanks ... Pam (Correct me please! if I'm way off base)
I remember someone having the same problem somewhere a while back.
They had to create two font directories and assign FONTS: to the one they
wanted to use because the notepad can only handle a limited number of
fonts.  Anyone know of another text editor that displays fonts simular
to the way notepad does?
                        |\/|ark