[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Where can I find Tar and uncompress?

nnn@po.CWRU.Edu (Nik N. Nik Mahdi) (03/02/91)

Hi,
I'm looking for Tar and Uncompress files on the Fish disks,
but since I don't have the Fish disks list, I don't know how to
find them. Would someone please tell me which fish
disk(s) contain the filles (Tar and Uncompress)?
Thank you very much for your help.

Nik.

--
kjfyrwhgbvcxxbmiltioyrazsgwqashhfdhyjhmnmygikuykjiyttqsgffhipkkur
hgthtywqegzbvxmmjkjltiourwagagfgzrqtrtwythgshgiuitpukjhfrewqvcxzh

hue@island.COM (Pond Scum) (03/10/91)

In article <1991Mar2.053046.5841@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> nnn@po.CWRU.Edu (Nik N. Nik Mahdi) writes:
>find them. Would someone please tell me which fish
>disk(s) contain the filles (Tar and Uncompress)?

The tar I ported a long time ago and never sent to Fred Fish finally showed
up on FF445.  Unfortunately, it contains a serious bug which prevents you
from extracting tar files created on other machines.  The bug fix in both
binary and source form are on the disk, it just wasn't applied.

Jonathan Hue                       Island Grapics Corp., Graphic Arts Division
4000 Civic Center Drive San Rafael, CA  {uunet,sun}!island!hue  hue@island.com

"Captured UFO flown by US Navy Pilots"  "It travels at 90,000mph and vaporizes
 targets in Iraq" - this weeks headline, Weekly World News