[comp.sys.amiga.applications] HELPPPPPPP!! UUCP confusion!!

silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) (03/11/91)

I recently downloaded UUCP onto an Amiga 2500/30. I set it up to the best of
my abilities according to the directions. Unfortunatly, this does NOT work.
It cannot find NULL or GETTY. I have no idea what's wrong (except that it
can't find these devices. Are they supposed to come with the program? Am I
supposed to create them? If so, how?). Any help you can give me would be
really useful. I'm setting it up on a hard drive for use with a permanent
serial connection to a Unix. Thanks in advance

Jonathan Petersen
silk@dorm.rutgers.edu

david@starsoft.hou.tx.us (Dave Lowrey) (03/13/91)

In article <Mar.10.17.43.22.1991.4009@dorm.rutgers.edu> silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) writes:

> I recently downloaded UUCP onto an Amiga 2500/30. I set it up to the best of
> my abilities according to the directions. Unfortunatly, this does NOT work.
> It cannot find NULL or GETTY. I have no idea what's wrong (except that it
> can't find these devices. Are they supposed to come with the program? Am I
> supposed to create them? If so, how?). Any help you can give me would be
> really useful. I'm setting it up on a hard drive for use with a permanent
> serial connection to a Unix. Thanks in advance

NULL: is a device. You need to put the handler in the correct directory
( the 'l' directory on your system (workbench) disk), and you need to
mount it.

GETTY: is an assign.

You obviously didn't read the full instructions on how to install UUCP.

For more info, post questions to alt.sys.amiga.uucp, a news group dedicated
to UUCP on the amiga.

Good Luck!

Dave

> Jonathan Petersen
> silk@dorm.rutgers.edu
These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft.hou.tx.us
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic