[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Q: Kick Pascal

OEYO8729@TREARN.BITNET (Cem TURGAY) (03/18/91)

Hello programmers,

I want to tell and ask something about Kick Pascal.
Did you hear about it before ? I don't see any subject about
it any list. I think it's old one.

If you didn't use it, I will explain little bit;
  * Kick Pascal is ~50K pascal compiler includes text editor
    and other tools, no libraries. (in my copy)
  * It's 100% Turbo Pascal 3.0 compatible for statements.
    75% compatible for functions and doesn't have any graphic
    and sound functions.
  * It's supprised me when I saw it firstly and try to run
    my old 3.0 programs directly.

If you use it, I ask something about it;
  * Is there a Pascal compiler for the Amiga which is 100%
    compatible with Turbo Pascal 3.0 ? (5.0 is prefered)
  * What can I do for Kick Pascal instead of missing 3.0 functions ?
  * Does it has external libraries ?
  * Does it has different statements or functions rather than 3.0 ?
  * Do you have a reference or user guide about it ? Where can I
    find it ?

Thanks for any information.
Regards,

Cem Turgay      PROHVK32@TREARN, OEYO8729@TREARN

holgerl@amiux.UUCP (Holger Lubitz) (03/20/91)

In article <91077.131152OEYO8729@TREARN.BITNET> OEYO8729@TREARN.BITNET (Cem TURGAY) writes:

>  * Is there a Pascal compiler for the Amiga which is 100%
>    compatible with Turbo Pascal 3.0 ? (5.0 is prefered)

There is no Pascal-compiler comparable with Borlands compilers available for
the Amiga yet. And Borland never confirmed the rumors that they might be
working on an Amiga-Conversion of TP.

>  * Do you have a reference or user guide about it ? Where can I
>    find it ?

You should have gotten a copy together with it. If you did not pirate
the compiler, that is.

The most recent version 2.0 of Kick Pascal is sold for 249 DM here in
Germany. I do not know if they have finished the english manual yet,
however.

Best Regards,
Holger

--
Holger Lubitz            | holgerl@amiux.uucp
Kl. Drakenburger Str. 24 | holgerl@amiux.han.de

himpel@uni-paderborn.de (Jens Gelhar) (03/20/91)

OEYO8729@TREARN.BITNET (Cem TURGAY) writes:

>I want to tell and ask something about Kick Pascal.
>Did you hear about it before ? I don't see any subject about
>it any list. I think it's old one.

>If you didn't use it, I will explain little bit;
>  * Kick Pascal is ~50K pascal compiler includes text editor
>    and other tools, no libraries. (in my copy)
Then you seem to have a copy (legal????) of Kickpascal 1.0. The 2.0-Version
has been released some months ago.

>If you use it, I ask something about it;
>  * Is there a Pascal compiler for the Amiga which is 100%
>    compatible with Turbo Pascal 3.0 ? (5.0 is prefered)
No. Kickpascal 2.0 is mostly compatible with Turbo 4.0 (Units and so on), but
does not support the object-oriented-Stuff of Turbo 5.0 (don't know if it
will ever do in a later version).

>  * What can I do for Kick Pascal instead of missing 3.0 functions ?
Now you have all (or at least most) 3.0 functions and you can add Functions
via Units.

>  * Does it has external libraries ?
Yeah. KP 2.0 has got an Alink-/BLink-compatible Linker. But KP1.0 also was able
to call all Amiga Libraries (didn't you read your manual??? ;-) ;-))

>  * Do you have a reference or user guide about it ? Where can I
>    find it ?
Well... you can (should!!!) buy a original, legal copy at:

 Maxon Computer GmbH
 Industriestrasse 26
 W-6236 Eschborn
 Germany

Maybe there will be two little problems for you: It comes with a German manual
only, and we have no official distributor outside Germany (but we're working on
it...)

>Thanks for any information.

You're welcome.

>Regards,

>Cem Turgay      PROHVK32@TREARN, OEYO8729@TREARN

Peace,

Jens.

--
   /   /  .  ___    ___   ___   /     * The Himpel Software Systems Company
  /---/  /  / / /  /  /  /__/  /      * Jens Gelhar - himpel@uni-paderborn.de