[comp.sys.amiga.applications] WB 2.0 Amiga DOS pattern matching ~#?xxx not working.

maxc1503@ucselx.sdsu.edu (David Tse) (03/27/91)

I am using A3000/25/50 with KS 36.207 and WB 36.69 after loading an upgrade
disk to my original system files. I noticed that after I put the monitors
icons in the monitor drawer from the monitor store drawer, the pal and
multisync monitors were not loaded when I user screenmode in prefs . I
double click the pal icon and it works. So I futher discovered that the
line in the startup-sequence which loaded the monitor icons was not working.
So I tried it on a Shell and I found out that the pattern matching using
 ~ (tilda) for all but in the line

list ~#?.info ; which should list all but .info files

it doesn't work, and using with dir gives me not found result!
I remember I've seen it work in my local dealer's A3000, and I got an update
version now. Am I missing some upgrade?

For any of you using 2.0 , try this: dir ~#?.info in a Shell.
How can I get this bug fixed? I got my A3000 just in Jan 90.

please post it here so others would know, but if you know the answer, I
would thank you for sending me an e-mail very much.

thanks in advanced,
David

maxc1503@ucselx.sdsu.edu
David Tse

ewout@topcat.commodore.com (Ewout Walraven) (03/27/91)

maxc1503@ucselx.sdsu.edu (David Tse) writes:

>list ~#?.info ; which should list all but .info files

use list ~(#?.info)

>it doesn't work, and using with dir gives me not found result!
>I remember I've seen it work in my local dealer's A3000, and I got an update
>version now. Am I missing some upgrade?

no.

In article <1991Mar27.120327.4502@ucselx.sdsu.edu> maxc1503@ucselx.sdsu.edu (David Tse) writes:

>list ~#?.info ; which should list all but .info files
>
>it doesn't work,

You have to tell the system *what* you want to negate. For this purpose
you need to use brackets:

list ~(#?.info)

This works on my Amiga.

stefanb@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Stefan Becker) (03/29/91)

maxc1503@ucselx.sdsu.edu (David Tse) writes:
>list ~#?.info ; which should list all but .info files

You must say ~(#?.info). The negation has a higher priority!

	Stefan

Mail  : Stefan Becker, Holsteinstrasse 9, D-5100 Aachen  ///    Only
Phone : +49-241-505705   FIDO: 2:242/7.6    Germany     ///  Amiga makes
Domain: stefanb@informatik.rwth-aachen.de           \\\///  it possible..
Bang  : ..mcvax!unido!rwthinf!stefanb                \XX/  -->A3000/25<--