[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Pro Page 1.2

pmorris@bbn.com (Phil Morris) (03/22/91)

Hi all,

I would like to get impressions from people about Professional Page v1.2.
I have a chance to buy it for under $100, new and unopened.

How is the package overall?  Is 1.2 the latest version?  If not, how far
out of date is it?  Is ProPage 1.2 worth about $100?

Thanks for any info,

-Phil Morris
 pmorris@bbn.com

sparks@disk.uucp (John Sparks) (03/24/91)

pmorris@bbn.com (Phil Morris) writes:

>I would like to get impressions from people about Professional Page v1.2.
>I have a chance to buy it for under $100, new and unopened.

>How is the package overall?  Is 1.2 the latest version?  If not, how far
>out of date is it?  Is ProPage 1.2 worth about $100?

Pro-page is now up to 2.0, 1.2 is two versions behind (1.2, 1.3, now 2.0)
I paid $150 for 1.3 last fall, but only because I knew that 2.0 is coming
out (well, it is out now. I am just waiting for them to mail it to me) and
I would get a free upgrade. It will cost you around $150 more to upgrade
1.2 to 2.0.

Your best bet is to call gold disk and ask them what the upgrade policy would
be if you got the 1.2 version. The 1.2 version is not very good by todays
standards in Amiga software. 2.0 is supposed to be real nice.

--
John Sparks        |"Help Fight Continental Drift!"| (502)957-4200 2400 BPS
D.I.S.K. Management| Email: sparks@disk.UUCP       | 6 lines, public access unix

ig29@terre (Robert Gagnon) (03/26/91)

In article <1991Mar23.184807.3694@disk.uucp> sparks@disk.uucp (John Sparks) writes:
>I paid $150 for 1.3 last fall, but only because I knew that 2.0 is coming
>out (well, it is out now. I am just waiting for them to mail it to me) and
>I would get a free upgrade. It will cost you around $150 more to upgrade
>1.2 to 2.0.

How long have you been waiting?  I sent my registration card last November,
sent a letter in February, and never got anything from Gold Disk.  I'd like
to know if the situation is generalized.

Robert //
     \X/ Gagnon

JKT <JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu> (03/30/91)

(To Robert Gagnon; you have no e-mail address in your .sig file, so I
 could not reply via mail)

I received my 2.0 upgrade from Gold disk about a month ago, so it is
not a general phenomenon that everyone has yet to receive their upgrade.
I did send in my card in December, so it was about an 8-week wait.  If
you have waited longer, I would recommend calling Gold Disk and asking
what is up.

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || With.   Without.   And who'll       ||
|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       || deny it's what the fighting's       ||
|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       || all about?    -  Pink Floyd         ||
||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||