[comp.sys.amiga.applications] DVIPRINT problems

hessmann@r2d2.fmi.uni-passau.de (Georg Hessmann) (04/09/91)

In article <18f34fb4.ARN1d13@brewing.cts.com> doc@brewing.cts.com writes:
>Howdy!
>
>    When I am using dviprint from the latest TEX distribution on ab20, I
>    get following error when trying to store the pages of a tex document
>    in IFF format:
>
>    IFFBase == NULL!

Yes, thats a new bug. Try a version from ftp.uni-passau.de
/pub/amiga/oldversions. DVIprint version 1.07 has less bugs. :-(

[...]

>    The whole reason I am messing with this in the first place is that I
>    cannot get either showdvi or dviprint to output to my printer.  I have
>    an *old* Epson compatible.	It's an Alphacom AERO.  If ANYONE out there
>    has a driver for this beast, or knows which drivers and settings work
>    best with it, PLEASE let me know.  I enjoy the dvi previewing capab-
>    ilities, but without printing it's pretty much useless to me.

Has you tried the print feature of ShowDVI which prints with the standard
preference-driver?
(The new DVIprint version can also print via preverence-driver.)

>					Mitch

	Georg.

--
  hessmann@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de		hessmann@unipas.uucp