[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Math Vision

dlarson@cbmvax.commodore.com (Dale Larson) (04/13/91)

Can any one tell me anything at all about this program other than the
blurb in Creative Computers ads?  Their ad sez:

Math Vision
-Visualization of math functions and data
-optimized mandelbrot/julia set functions
-sound functions
-recursive formulas

This could mean a mandelbrot exploration program which has added sound,
or it could mean a whole lot more.  ???

--
Dale Larson   (dlarson@cbmvax.commodore.com)
Software Engineer, Amiga Networking Group

theacct@bill.ucsc.edu (Snozer) (04/14/91)

In article <20614@cbmvax.commodore.com> dlarson@cbmvax.UUCP (Dale Larson) writes:

>Can any one tell me anything at all about this program other than the
>blurb in Creative Computers ads?  Their ad sez:
>
>Math Vision
>-Visualization of math functions and data
>-optimized mandelbrot/julia set functions
>-sound functions
>-recursive formulas
>
>This could mean a mandelbrot exploration program which has added sound,
>or it could mean a whole lot more.  ???

It's a whole lot more. :)

I really love Mathvision. I don't know if I can just list what it does, but
it's not just Mandelbrot, for certain. It's ALL fractal sets and all
mathematical sets in general.  The images are all produced initially with a
given mathematical equation, which can be as simple as a+b, or it can be as
complex as you want it to be, with function macros, and the works.  I guess
I'll list what's featured on the manual page, as  being cool stuff and add what
I like about it after.

-Visualization of math functions and data.(it gets different :) )
-Easy-to-use high level functions, powerful low level functions
-Optimized Mandelbrot/Julia function
-Sound function
-Trigonometric, transcendental, Boolean and user-written functions
-Functions entered interactively, instantly compiled for quick plotting.
-Contour and perspective plots
-Recursive formulas.
-Macros
-Multiple screen resolutions.
-Coprocessor support
-Analyze gadget to locate maxima and minima
-New capabilities with external program hooks.

The hooks are just these external programs that can be loaded and then they
magically appear on the Mathvision menu as new options.  There are many hooks
included in the package, and i don't know if you can manually program your own,
or not.  Some of the nice included hooks are those for HAM support, Mandelbrot
and Mandelbrot-68881 functions, Sound, Process-Pixels, Axes, Focus, focus dots,
shade, parametric, and also some nice hooks which allow data storage so you can
actually have plots that remember and re-plot things.

All in all fun and I'd recommend it.

Daniel Jalkut -- Amiga guy         | "And didn't I read that these devices
snozer@toast.santa-cruz.ca.us  /// |  go two way and everything I do or say
408-429-8628 -- Day           ///  |  is goin' on a tape somewhere right now
408-423-6926 -- Night       \XX/   |  planted in my cavities?"  -- LARD