[comp.sys.amiga.applications] WorkBench/kickstart 2.0 --> A2000 --> Denmark

moxx@diku.dk (Bo Ils|e Hansen) (04/15/91)

OkOk don't flame if this sounds stupid

I am wondering when the KickStart/WorkBench 2.0 for the A2000

 will be seen around here (Denmark).

When i comes to new C= products, i always take ages before it come

 to Denmark, like the A3000UX, we haven't seen that yet (sulk).

I hope some of you commodore folks read this / is able to anser this.

Most Hopefully

    Bo

moxx@diku.dk

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/17/91)

In article <1991Apr15.112424.7864@odin.diku.dk> moxx@diku.dk (Bo Ils|e Hansen) writes:

>OkOk don't flame if this sounds stupid
>
>I am wondering when the KickStart/WorkBench 2.0 for the A2000
>
> will be seen around here (Denmark).
>
>When i comes to new C= products, i always take ages before it come
>
> to Denmark, like the A3000UX, we haven't seen that yet (sulk).
>
>I hope some of you commodore folks read this / is able to anser this.
>

>Most Hopefully
>
>    Bo
>
>moxx@diku.dk

  Don't expect to see any 2.0 ROMS in any Amigas for quite a while
now. They probably won't be available until June, in reality. I noticed
that the (well, my) a3000 does not have ROM sockets; it merely has
a space in the circuit board for the ROMS to be soldered in. And there are
two rom sockets; not just one. I was wondering if CBM plans to solder
the roms in or make conventional sockets for the roms...

--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

In article <1991Apr16.184812.816@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:

>  Don't expect to see any 2.0 ROMS in any Amigas for quite a while
>now. They probably won't be available until June, in reality. I noticed
>that the (well, my) a3000 does not have ROM sockets; it merely has
>a space in the circuit board for the ROMS to be soldered in. And there are
>two rom sockets; not just one. I was wondering if CBM plans to solder
>the roms in or make conventional sockets for the roms...
>

>--
>    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
>           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)
>
>                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

	Are you sure you are looking in the right spot? On my
3000 there is this area with a "bundle" of something or other
(proms?) stuck in what appear to be sockets. Those are the magic
glue that allow the ROM to be loaded off disk. I can't actually
SEE the sockets themselves, so I'm wondering what you're looking
at.
	-- Ethan

Q: How many Comp Sci majors does it take to change a lightbulb
A: None. It's a hardware problem.

In article <1991Apr16.184812.816@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:

>  Don't expect to see any 2.0 ROMS in any Amigas for quite a while
>now. They probably won't be available until June, in reality.

And "June" you would call "quite a while away"? But sorry, I don't
have a real date at hand, too.

> I noticed
>that the (well, my) a3000 does not have ROM sockets; it merely has
>a space in the circuit board for the ROMS to be soldered in. And there are
>two rom sockets; not just one. I was wondering if CBM plans to solder
>the roms in or make conventional sockets for the roms...

As far as I read between your lines, your A3000 runs and is alive?
Then it simply *has* ROMs (or EPROMs)! If ROMs are released, take
out your current EPROMs (sort of boot ROMs) and replace them with
the real things. The A3000 board I know has indeed 4 places for
such ROM chips (I assume historical reasons). But you really only
need two of them, the other two may remain empty.

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/21/91)

In article <1991Apr16.213634.10586@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
>In article <1991Apr16.184812.816@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:
>>
>>  Don't expect to see any 2.0 ROMS in any Amigas for quite a while
>>now. They probably won't be available until June, in reality. I noticed
>>that the (well, my) a3000 does not have ROM sockets; it merely has
>>a space in the circuit board for the ROMS to be soldered in. And there are
>>two rom sockets; not just one. I was wondering if CBM plans to solder
>>the roms in or make conventional sockets for the roms...
>>

>>--
>>    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
>>           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)
>>
>>                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.
>
>	Are you sure you are looking in the right spot? On my
>3000 there is this area with a "bundle" of something or other
>(proms?) stuck in what appear to be sockets. Those are the magic
>glue that allow the ROM to be loaded off disk. I can't actually
>SEE the sockets themselves, so I'm wondering what you're looking
>at.
>	-- Ethan
>
>Q: How many Comp Sci majors does it take to change a lightbulb
>A: None. It's a hardware problem.

  I remember seeing them under the power supplky somewhere, and they were
labeled 'ROM 0' and 'ROM 1'.