[comp.sys.amiga.applications] 2.0 for 2000's

watters@apache.cis.ohio-state.edu (david r watters) (04/22/91)

In article <20728@cbmvax.commodore.com> peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) writes:

>The latest released version of Kickstart 2.0 is revision 2.02.  Like
>all revisions of 2.0, it is currently only available for the A3000
>line of computers.

We keep expecting C-A to support us as much as we support them! HA!

It is totally a matter of "...well, what have you done (bought) for (from) us
lately?"

When I got my A2500/30, my DEALER, (read: athorized CBM rep.), said "...Don't
worry, this machine will have a free upgrade to the OS and custom chips that
the A3000's are released with.... and it has more slots!"

Nowdays I go into the local stores and get to listen to total Numb Heads that
are proud owners of new A3000's asking me what the CLI is for and telling me
that WordPerfect is better on an A3000 because of ARexx!?!

And they deserve 2.0 more than I???  I still can't get the A2091 ROMs to keep
my hardrives from SLAMMING to a halt when they are both accessed. (eg. while
doing a snapshot on two icons from different drives..... SLAM!...SHIT!)

note: This in no way reflects my opinion of the developement teams!  You guys
      are the best.....  2.0 is GREAT!

Dave
--
"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.
 All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars!" - RUSH