[comp.sys.amiga.applications] CanDo 1.5 UPGRADE

hb136@leah.albany.edu (Herb Brown) (04/25/91)

Way, way, way, ..., way back in time (to January 14, 1991) I decided to
upgrade to CanDo 1.5 and placed my order with INOVAtronics, Inc. (Tim
Martin) and used my credit card to pay for the upgrade.

Sadly, I report that I have not yet received the merchandise I paid for
although my credit card payment was converted to cash and pocketed by
Mr. Martin some time in early February.

What gives? Has anyone received their upgrade to 1.5? Am I dealing with
thieves? Does the net's collective wisdom recommend writing to the
Attorney General? I have tried numerous phone calls to Mr. Martin and
I am always put off by "We plan to ship NEXT week!" At this stage all I
want now is my money back. I asked for my money to be refunded two weeks
ago and, well ....... .

Any help is appreciated.

                               Herb

Herb Brown  Math Dept  The Univ at Albany  Albany, NY 12222  (518) 442-4640
hibrown@leah.albany.edu or hibrown@cssun.albany.edu or hibrown@bst.albany.edu

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (04/25/91)

hb136@leah.albany.edu (Herb Brown) writes:
>Way, way, way, ..., way back in time (to January 14, 1991) I decided to
>upgrade to CanDo 1.5 and placed my order with INOVAtronics, Inc. (Tim
>Martin) and used my credit card to pay for the upgrade.
>Sadly, I report that I have not yet received the merchandise I paid for
>although my credit card payment was converted to cash and pocketed by
>Mr. Martin some time in early February.
>What gives? Has anyone received their upgrade to 1.5? Am I dealing with
>thieves? Does the net's collective wisdom recommend writing to the
>Attorney General? I have tried numerous phone calls to Mr. Martin and
>I am always put off by "We plan to ship NEXT week!" At this stage all I
>want now is my money back. I asked for my money to be refunded two weeks
>ago and, well ....... .

Well i sent off my Cheque in Dec, it got cashed in DEC, and i still ain't
seen nothing. I too am getting irked. I heard from someone
(A develeor for them) that it would be shipping in 2 weeks.
that was about 3 weeks ago (Perhaps 4). Soooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm waiting..., From what i hear they are fixing Bug's that came about
because the program MUST work right under 2.0 and 1.3,
And other bug fix's....  I hope it's all worth the wait...

Mabey they are waiting for 2.0 to come out.. :^)
.

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  aka Willis F York   aka Squid on IRC
The only thing that Apple invented is the idea to borrow Xerox-invented ideas.

jep@mtiame.mtia.oz (Propellerhead) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr24.170314.6554@sarah.albany.edu> hb136@leah.albany.edu (Herb Brown) writes:
>Way, way, way, ..., way back in time (to January 14, 1991) I decided to
>upgrade to CanDo 1.5 and placed my order with INOVAtronics, Inc. (Tim
>Martin) and used my credit card to pay for the upgrade.
[stuff about whether this is a rip-off deleted]

I'd say don't worry, stay calm, you'll receive it eventually.
I also have not received my upgrade ordered on credit card around
January. I call them about once a month for the latest news and also
keep track of progress on BIX. It has just been a series of really bad
luck/management for Inovatronics. I gather the software is actually
ready as of a week ago but the manuals were delayed. I'd guess we can
see the end of the tunnel. I might add that given the quality of past
output from them and the relative smallness of their operation I am
willing to give them quite a bit of leeway (sp?).

#include <usual.discalimers>

Jesper Peterson.

USEnet: jep@mtiame.mtia.oz.au      UUCP: ...!uunet!munnari!mtiame.oz!jep
90% of everything is IBM compatible - Paraphrased From Theodore Sturgeon

vesty@inmet.inmet.com (04/26/91)

I also ordered the upgrade for CanDo 1.5 in January.  And I noticed
that my credit card was promptly charged .... but I didn't have the product.
I called Inovatronics in Feb. and March, and asked them to credit my
charge card, and then submit a new charge only when the product shipped.

(Even if it was going to be in a week....)  They did.

BTW, I recently called, and was told that they were going to ship next
week when they got their manuals in from the printer.  That was the
same story I got a month ago.....

--- Matt

ringel@cs.columbia.edu (Carson A. Gaspar) (04/27/91)

The company has broken the law.  They _must_ ship within a certain
time period (30 days?) after charging your credit card.  If you
_really_ want your money back, call your credit card company, tell
them what has happened, and they should credit your account
immediately.  They will then sic their lawyers on the offenders at no
trouble or expense to you.

I don't care if the product _does_ ship, their behavior is illegal and
inexcuseable.

--
		     Carson Gaspar | BIX: cgaspar
		     carson@close.cs.columbia.edu

wright@etsuv2.etsu.edu (BRIAN WRIGHT) (04/27/91)

In article <381200002@inmet>, vesty@inmet.inmet.com writes...

>BTW, I recently called, and was told that they were going to ship next
>week when they got their manuals in from the printer.  That was the
>same story I got a month ago.....
>

>--- Matt

They've got their manuals and they are shipping.

Brian Wright
wright%etsuvax2@ricevm1.rice.edu   or   wright@etsuvax2.bitnet
Standard Disclaimer... not my words and all that jazz.