[comp.sys.amiga.applications] DOS 2.0 Cat command

gfradl@instem.UUCP (George Fradl) (04/29/91)

  Could someone please explain the function of the CAT command in Amiga DOS
v2.0?  It is in a script file I'm trying to execute on my v1.3 system and I
have no idea what this sucker is supposed to do.

===
George Fradl   gfradl@instem.uucp

rblewitt@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Richard Blewitt) (05/01/91)

In article <gfradl.3922@instem.UUCP> gfradl@instem.UUCP (George Fradl) writes:

>  Could someone please explain the function of the CAT command in Amiga DOS
>v2.0?  It is in a script file I'm trying to execute on my v1.3 system and I
>have no idea what this sucker is supposed to do.

There is no CAT command in 2.0.  It might be that the person who
wrote the script had CAT aliased to TYPE on his system for a more
UNIX like feel.  Does this make any sense with the way CAT is used
in the script?  If not, ask the author or post more details.

Rick

The generic .sig          Rick Blewitt     rblewitt@ucsd.edu