[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Some ShowDvi/PasTeX questions

rey@ecl.psu.edu (05/04/91)

I recently downloaded the ShowDvi program from ab20.  Really nice previewer,
much thanks to those who provided it!

I do have a question dealing with the documentation.  My German is a bit rusty/
(never was all that good), so the documentation does help some.  I was
wondering if there is an English version of the docs.

A second question.  Is LaTex and BibTeX out there somewhere?  I am a bit of a
tyro at TeX and am just learning now that I probably should have started with
these macro packages.

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks again to those who have supplied
these programs to the freely redistributable domain.

Bob

hessmann@r2d2.fmi.uni-passau.de (Georg Hessmann) (05/06/91)

In article <1991May4.013444.1147@ecl.psu.edu> rey@ecl.psu.edu writes:

>I recently downloaded the ShowDvi program from ab20.  Really nice previewer,
>much thanks to those who provided it!
>
>I do have a question dealing with the documentation.  My German is a bit rusty/
>(never was all that good), so the documentation does help some.  I was
>wondering if there is an English version of the docs.

Have you PasTeX1.2a_part1.lzh? In the directory TeX/doc are the
english docs.

>A second question.  Is LaTex and BibTeX out there somewhere?  I am a bit of a
>tyro at TeX and am just learning now that I probably should have started with
>these macro packages.

LaTeX: It's only a macro package. The main part of LaTeX is in
PasTeX1.2a_part1.lzh 'TeX/macros', too. Only the style files are
missing. But you can copy these from every TeX (ftp) server.

BibTeX: Don't know.

>Thanks in advance for any help and thanks again to those who have supplied
>these programs to the freely redistributable domain.

Thanks!

>Bob

	Georg.

--
  hessmann@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de		hessmann@unipas.uucp

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (05/07/91)

rey@ecl.psu.edu writes:

>I recently downloaded the ShowDvi program from ab20.  Really nice previewer,
>much thanks to those who provided it!
>
>I do have a question dealing with the documentation.  My German is a bit rusty/
>(never was all that good), so the documentation does help some.  I was
>wondering if there is an English version of the docs.

If you downloaded the whole thing (posted in February, I think--the one
that does TeX3.0) you should have gotten English docs for each of the
pieces--some three or four .tex documents--with instructions on
getting the system up and running.  As a _total_ novice, I got it going
and was reading the docs in the previewer within about an hour after
getting the ftp'd stuff home.