[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Problems running Maple

In article <1991May7.200901.27222@midway.uchicago.edu> ppalmer@oskar.uchicago.edu (Patrick Palmer) writes:
>I got Maple about 2 weeks ago.  I have been having a lot of problems
>with GURU's.  I have reported my problems to Maple Waterloo Software,
>and they are trying to duplicate some of them.  I don't believe
>that Maple as unstable as I am seeing.  I think it must be my setup,
>and I need some information from other Maple users.

	Did you set the stack to minimally 100,000 (preferably
400,000)?

	-- Ethan

"Brain! Brain! What is Brain?"

ppalmer@oskar.uchicago.edu (Patrick Palmer) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May7.200901.27222@midway.uchicago.edu> ppalmer@oskar.uchicago.edu (Patrick Palmer) writes:
>I got Maple about 2 weeks ago.  I have been having a lot of problems
>with GURU's.  I have reported my problems to Maple Waterloo Software,

Several people sent me messages about stack size.  I had stack size set
to 250000, but in my startup-sequence, not in shell-startup, so when
a new shell began:  back to stack 4000.  So that seems to be the problem.
I replaced the ARP stack command with the AmigaDOS one, but doubt if it
makes any difference.

So, I will go back to exercising Maple.  As I said before, it is a great
package, and is amazingly powerful for something so easy to use.  I
would like to point out that the Amiga version is on sale for $295 until
May 15, which is getting close.

Pat Palmer (email: ppalmer@oskar.uchicago.edu)