[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Text Editors

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Homicidal Lunatic) (05/06/91)

I need to find a new text editor because I hate ED and the copy on one of my
workbench disks that I always use refused to load so I deleted it. I could
copy it off of my original WB disk but I hate ED. anyone know of some good
text editors and where I could find them via FTP?

thanks

**********************************PiRho****************************************
"All power comes from the barrel of a gun"  //
sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu            \\ // Amiga makes it possible
                                         \X/

umbell10@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Jeffrey Allen Bell) (05/06/91)

In article <1991May6.033642.15473@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Homicidal Lunatic) writes:

>I need to find a new text editor because I hate ED and the copy on one of my
>workbench disks that I always use refused to load so I deleted it. I could
>copy it off of my original WB disk but I hate ED. anyone know of some good
>text editors and where I could find them via FTP?

Try one of these (all found on Fish disks at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu):

DME by Matt Dillon - FF441: Very fast editor.

Uedit - FF415: Quite configurable.

Az - FF346: Very nice interface.

As well, you could look around for QED: it's packed with features.  You
might have trouble fitting these on a loaded WB floppy, but one of them
should fit, especially if you PowerPack it..

This certainly isn't a complete listing, but it gives you a place to start..

Jeff

vesty@inmet.inmet.com (05/10/91)

There are other text editors not included in the previous posting.
Most noticiably missing is memacs....It comes on the Extras Disk (v1.3).

Also other PD editors that I've used:
	mg	(another emacs, a bit more standard to gnuemacs)
	Stevie	(for you VI fans)

both are available on:
	ab20.larc.nasa.gov     (128.155.23.64)

-- Matt