[comp.sys.amiga.applications] WANTED: Kermit for Amiga2000!

John_McKechnie@mindlink.bc.ca (John McKechnie) (05/10/91)

NComm v1.92 has Kermit, among other nice things.  Torkel Lodberg has done a
fine upgrade of v1.9!!

bmoghad@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (B. Moghaddam) (05/11/91)

 Does anyone know an ftp-site where one can find Kermit (the latest
version) for the Amiga. Also a pointer to a GIF2IFF utility (Unix/Amiga)
would be greatly appreciated.

 Thanks

Baback Moghaddam
Center of Excellence in C3I
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engr.
George Mason University                    Tel: (703) 764-6283
Fairfax, VA 22030                       E-Mail: bmoghad@sitevax.gmu.edu

johnh@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (John J Humpal) (05/11/91)

In article <1991May10.202913.14331@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> bmoghad@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (B. Moghaddam) writes:

> Does anyone know an ftp-site where one can find Kermit (the latest
>version) for the Amiga. Also a pointer to a GIF2IFF utility (Unix/Amiga)
>would be greatly appreciated.

	The archive at ab20.nasa.gov (128.155.23.64) has many GIF->IFF
utils and XPR-Kermit archives.  I'm not sure if ab20 is the real
domain name, or just its shorthand version.  My Unix connnection
doesn't handle domain names well, so I always use the number address.
As usual, use anonymous ftp to log in to ab20, and cd /amiga.

John J. Humpal -- johnh@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu -- short .sig, std. disclaimer

mtpins@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Firestar) (05/12/91)

From article <1991May10.202913.14331@gmuvax2.gmu.edu>, by bmoghad@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (B. Moghaddam):

>  Does anyone know an ftp-site where one can find Kermit (the latest
> version) for the Amiga. Also a pointer to a GIF2IFF utility (Unix/Amiga)
> would be greatly appreciated.

If you are looking for XPRKermit, it can be found on fish disk 330
(available at isca01.isca.uiowa.edu).
If you want a full-blown kermit, the source code for the latest version is
available at Columbia (whose address escapes me at the moment).

					Firestar

* Michael Pins (Firestar)     |   Internet: mtpins@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu     *
* ISCA's Amiga Librarian      |         #include <std.disclaimer>           *

stevem@hal.CSS.GOV (Steve Masters) (05/13/91)

>>  Does anyone know an ftp-site where one can find Kermit (the latest
>> version) for the Amiga. Also a pointer to a GIF2IFF utility (Unix/Amiga)
>> would be greatly appreciated.

If you just want a good implentation of Kermit, try the VLT communications program,
available on several Fred Fish and undoubtably on ab20.  I have used it sucessfully
to do Kermit file transfers with Suns and IBM CMS systems.

Steve Masters   stevem@hal.CSS.GOV
ENSCO, Inc,
Melbourne, FL  32940

swalton@corona.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) (05/17/91)

In article <546@hal.CSS.GOV> stevem@hal.CSS.GOV (Steve Masters) writes:

>If you just want a good implentation of Kermit, try the VLT
>communications program,...

Please note that Kermit isn't built into the most recent versions of
Kermit;  it is provided by the XPR Kermit library, which you have to
obtain seperately.
--
Stephen Walton, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Univ. Northridge
    "Lately it occurs to me/What a long, strange trip it's been"