[comp.sys.amiga.applications] DiskSalv 1.42

GORRIEDE@max.cc.uregina.ca (Dennis Robert Gorrie) (05/19/91)

Did Dave Haynie ever come out with a version of DiskSalv after 1.42?
I keep looking at this 'Teaser.pic' that came with 1.42, and wonder
if he ever got around to it.

|Dennis Gorrie                 'Chain-Saw Tag...                        |
|gorriede@max.cc.uregina.ca                     Try It, You'll Like It!'|
|gorrie@meena.cc.uregina.ca  gorrie@hercules.cc.uregina.ca              |

rohwerwd@netcom.COM (W. David Rohwer) (05/20/91)

In article <54003@nigel.ee.udel.edu> Dennis Robert Gorrie <GORRIEDE@max.cc.uregina.ca> writes:

>Did Dave Haynie ever come out with a version of DiskSalv after 1.42?
>I keep looking at this 'Teaser.pic' that came with 1.42, and wonder
>if he ever got around to it.

     What program(s) do you use to view teaser.pic?

|        Seeking Software Engineering position.  Inquiries welcome.       |
|          Please look in misc.jobs.resumes. (BSCS + 3 Yrs. Exp.)         |
|   //  W. David Rohwer   //                                              |
| \X/       Go A's!     \X/            Internet: rohwerwd@netcom.COM      |

In article <54003@nigel.ee.udel.edu> GORRIEDE@max.cc.uregina.ca (Dennis Robert Gorrie) writes:

>Did Dave Haynie ever come out with a version of DiskSalv after 1.42?
>I keep looking at this 'Teaser.pic' that came with 1.42, and wonder
>if he ever got around to it.

Not yet.  That image of DiskSalv 2.00 was from a very early prototype that
wasn't fully functional.  I have one now that's fully functional, though not
complete, and crashes alot (Intuition code, not the disk recovery stuff).  I
estimate the disk recovery logic, which is much improved, would do at least
20% better than DiskSalv V1.42.  It's not ready for release or even outside
testing yet.  What can I say, it's been a very, very, very busy year...

      "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight" -R.E.M.