[comp.sys.amiga.applications] SPICE, does it run on the A3000???

skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) (05/23/91)

     Hello again folks.  Is there anybody out there who is running SPICE on
an A3000.  When I first tried to run SPICE, I would get a SPICE error 205,
"Out of Memory".  So I bought a 4Meg upgrade.  Now I have ~6Megs of memory
and when I try to run spice the machine, an A3000 25/50 running 2.02, GURUs!
Every time!  It either locks up the system, or it goes down in flames with
flashing alert boxes every time.  Does anybody know what is going on?  Has
anybody gotten SPICE to run on an A3000???

				Please Help!

					--George
--
George L. Skank			|Fast cars, fast women, fast computers...   ///
Senior, Electrical Engineering	|Amiga!					   ///

skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) (05/24/91)

In article <1991May23.075731.4248@news.iastate.edu> skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) writes:

>     Hello again folks.  Is there anybody out there who is running SPICE on
>an A3000.  When I first tried to run SPICE, I would get a SPICE error 205,
>"Out of Memory".  So I bought a 4Meg upgrade.  Now I have ~6Megs of memory
>and when I try to run spice the machine, an A3000 25/50 running 2.02, GURUs!
>Every time!  It either locks up the system, or it goes down in flames with
>flashing alert boxes every time.  Does anybody know what is going on?  Has
>anybody gotten SPICE to run on an A3000???
>
>				Please Help!
>
>					--George

     Well, the answer turned out to be that I needed to change the stack
size to about 30000.  I remember reading that somewhere in some documentation
once, but somehow it seems to have been separated from the SPICE
distribution I have.  Oh well.  Thanks to everyone who replied!

					--George