[comp.sys.amiga.applications] pkfonts for PasTeX

saunders@triton.unm.edu (Richard Saunders CIRT) (05/21/91)

Hi, I just recently acquired PasTeX from ab20, and I am very impressed
with it.  My only problem is that I need a few more pk fonts (particularly
the 180) so that I can use the "draft" mode with dviprint.
I have scurried the net, looking to and fro for pkfonts, and have found
some here, some there, and some on my home machine. But I still haven't
found all the fonts I need.

My real question ... is there some "really good" place to find pk-fonts?
Please e-mail to the address below ... I'll summarize if there's any interest.
Thanks in advance.

* saunders@triton.unm.edu * "This is _NOT_ Mel Torme!" - Top Secret

sdl@aries.lyra.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May20.212638.2880@ariel.unm.edu> saunders@triton.unm.edu (Richard Saunders CIRT) writes:

> Hi, I just recently acquired PasTeX from ab20, and I am very impressed
> with it....
>
> My real question ... is there some "really good" place to find pk-fonts?
> Please e-mail to the address below ... I'll summarize if there's any interest.

I decided to post to the net because lots of other people seem to have
this question too.

	labrea.stanford.edu   directory: /pub/tex/gf  contains an
extensive collection of "gf" fonts.  You can transfer those to your
Amiga, and then run the "gftopk" utility (part of the PasTeX
distribution) to convert them to "pk" format.

--
Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation

dingebre@imp.sim.es.com (David Ingebretsen) (05/31/91)

You could also try the European passau.de (sp?) site at 132.231.1.10. I found
a complete set of previewer, 180 dpi, and 360 dpi fonts. A caveat, the lasy
fonts don't print the /leadsto symbol correctly. the whole package is about
10 megabytes if I remember correctly and took about an hour or two by anonymous
ftp to download.

David

David Ingebretsen
Evans and Sutherland Computer Corporation
600 Komas Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
(801) 582-5847 x3758

dingebre@es.com

GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Ives Aerts) (05/31/91)

If you need the non-square epson-fonts then have a look at tapserv,
our file server here at blekul11. You can find the 240x216 fonts
and 120x72 fonts in the directory amiga/tex/fonts. To find out
more about tapserv send it an interactive message from a bitnet
site containing the text 'help'. Or from any other site, send e-mail
to tapserv @ cc1.kuleuven.ac.be or tapserv @ blekul11.bitnet containing
the word help in the body of the message. The fonts are not complete
yet, I will make the rest of them with metafont when I have some more
spare time.
      Ives Aerts           |          IBM definition SY-34378
GUTEST8@BLEKUL11.BITNET    |   A signature consists of sequences of
gutest8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be | non-blank characters separated by blanks.