[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Problem With Downloading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jy1@ra.MsState.Edu (Yo Man) (06/03/91)

I just got a 2400 baud modem recently and I've been using it to access to
my unix account. The telecommunication program I am using is Handshake 2.12
which I bought from DevWare (I enjoy it pretty much). Yesterday I tried to
download a amiga binary file (got it from ab20.larc.nasa.gov) from my unix
account using the receive binary file (XMODEM) function of handshake, and
it gave me errors. Then I tried YMODEM, Kermit 8-bit Binary protocol, but
Handshake didn't even ask for the received filename. So, if anybody using
Handshake know how to fix this problem, please help me.

Dickson@system-m.az05.bull.com (Paul Dickson) (06/04/91)

The trouble with handshake is if you want to do an 8-bit file transfer,
you have to set the bit width from 7-bit to 8-bit.  Handshake will not
do this automatically.

sutela@polaris.utu.fi (Kari Sutela) (06/05/91)

Dickson@system-m.az05.bull.com (Paul Dickson) writes:

>The trouble with handshake is if you want to do an 8-bit file transfer,
>you have to set the bit width from 7-bit to 8-bit.  Handshake will not
>do this automatically.

Please, take these discussions to comp.sys.amiga.datacomm.  The thread with
the Subject: AB20 should go there, too.

--
Kari Sutela	sutela@polaris.utu.fi