[comp.sys.amiga.applications] Latest version of SID

jwhitman@stl-06sima.army.mil (Jerry Whitman) (06/06/91)

The latest version of Timm Martins SID that I can locate is Version 1.06
on Fish Disk 338.  The documentation indicates that updates occur(ed) on
a frequent basis, so I suspect that there is a more current version lurking
somewhere.

I located sid201.lzh at AB20 amiga/file, but it is only 4360 bytes.  Since
version 1.06 executable is over 116Kbytes I doubt that sid201 would be what
I am looking for.

If some one has a pointer to (or could email me) the most current version of
the complete SID environment I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards, Jerry Whitman - keeper of the FishXref and FishCon

bja20850@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (B.J. Anderson) (06/07/91)

jwhitman@stl-06sima.army.mil (Jerry Whitman) writes:

>The latest version of Timm Martins SID that I can locate is Version 1.06
>on Fish Disk 338.  The documentation indicates that updates occur(ed) on

SID v1.06 is the latest one, so far.

>a frequent basis, so I suspect that there is a more current version lurking
>somewhere.

Right now we're waiting for SID v2.0  I've seen snapshot screens of it a couple
months ago and it looked fantastic (full WB2.0 GUI plus many new features!)  The
demo described how extensive the beta test was (read: long time before it would
be released :-)  Shouldn't be much longer, seem to remember middle of summer???

-Beej

--
I must remember to be cheerful and obedient.
mail: anderson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu

sjk@aura.nbn.com (Scott J. Kramer) (06/08/91)

   From: jwhitman@stl-06sima.army.mil (Jerry Whitman)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.applications
   Date: 5 Jun 91 19:18:00 GMT
   Sender: mmdf@ee.udel.edu

   The latest version of Timm Martins SID that I can locate is Version 1.06
   on Fish Disk 338.  The documentation indicates that updates occur(ed) on
   a frequent basis, so I suspect that there is a more current version lurking
   somewhere.

I'm sure I saw a reference to a 2.x version earlier this year.

   I located sid201.lzh at AB20 amiga/file, but it is only 4360 bytes.  Since
   version 1.06 executable is over 116Kbytes I doubt that sid201 would be what
   I am looking for.

Right; that's Mike Berro/BCS Software's "System Information Display".

   If some one has a pointer to (or could email me) the most current version of
   the complete SID environment I would greatly appreciate it.

Might be worthwhile to contact the author (shown in the "Information"
menu option in SID version 1.06 in version 1.6).  Anyone know the
current number of Timm Martin's BBS?
--

Scott J. Kramer			UUCP:	   {sun,ucbvax}!pixar!aura!sjk
P.O. Box 3392			Internet:  sjk@aura.nbn.com

AUBRI@ASUACAD.BITNET (06/10/91)

I friend of mine at a local Amiga user group is currently beta-testing SID2.0
which is scheduled for release very shortly. I've had a chance to peek at it
and it really looks impressive. Anything you ever wanted in a disk utility is
in there!

The most important feature (IMHO) is Workbench 2.0 compatibility! SID 1.06
tends to lock up under 2.0 quite a bit unless you are very careful.

hamilton@intersil.uucp (06/18/91)

In article <55537@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, jwhitman@stl-06sima.army.mil (Jerry Whitman) writes:
> The latest version of Timm Martins SID that I can locate is Version 1.06
> on Fish Disk 338.  The documentation indicates that updates occur(ed) on
> a frequent basis, so I suspect that there is a more current version lurking
> somewhere.

The latest version is still 1.06.  The last time I checked, Timm said that
version 2.00 would be released to registered SID users in June, everyone else
a month after that.  My guess is add at least one month to that estimate.
I'm beta testing 2.00 and it IS fantastic, but there's still some odds and
ends that need to be finished.  I'd register now if I were you, because I
believe the cost of registration is going up $5-10 when 2.00 comes out.
Even at the higher cost, though, the program's worth every cent.
--
Fred Hamilton                          "Unlike most of you,
Harris Semiconductor                    I am not a nut..."