[comp.sys.amiga.applications] SuperBase multiuser?

trefz@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu (06/18/91)

Can anyone tell me if SuperBase can be used with multiple users and how?
I currently run 3.0 on 1000's and 2000's.  Also does anyone have a phone
number for the SuperBase people?

Thanks for the help.

Kelvin Trefz

tarnot@psldev.UUCP (Timothy W. Arnot) (06/18/91)

>In article <10287.285cbdae@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu> trefz@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu writes:
>Can anyone tell me if SuperBase can be used with multiple users and how?
>I currently run 3.0 on 1000's and 2000's.  Also does anyone have a phone
>number for the SuperBase people?

Yes, if you use the Windows version :-) On the Amiga, Superbase is currently
strictly single user. You can have multiple instances running on a single
machine, but they will not perform record/file locking if you attempt to
share the same data. A multi-user version is planned for the future (no
dates).

Phone numbers for Precision Software Ltd:

UK:      (44) 81-330 7166
US:      (1)  214-929 4888 (there is an 800 number but I don't know it :-)
Germany: (49) 898-573014

>Thanks for the help.
>
>Kelvin Trefz

Cheers, Tim.

Timothy W. Arnot                cbmehq!cbmuk!cbmuka!psldev!tarnot
Precision Software Ltd, R&D     psldev@cix.compulink.co.uk
Abingdon, Oxon, UK.  "One magician is two too many" - Terry Pratchett
Disclaimer: This is my opinion only and not that of my employer