[comp.sys.amiga.applications] WordPerfect and HP DeskJet

jfoust@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (James C. Foust) (06/17/91)

Anyone:
   I am using WordPerfect on an A-3000 with a DeskJet printer.  I can't
figure out how to get it to print in draft mode...if I use the switch
on the DeskJet, WP just switches it back into LQ when it prints.  None
of the sample fonts in prt.test seem to be draft mode.
    I'd like to be able to save some ink here!
    So...how do I get WP to print documents in DRAFT mode?

Thanks!
Jim Foust

Send Helpful Replies to jfoust@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

gwalborn@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Gary D Walborn) (06/18/91)

Re: Printing draft quality from WP

Jim,
    Does WordPerfect read the system preferences?  If so, are your printer
preferences set for draft or letter quality?

Just a guess,

Gary Walborn <gwalborn@cs.pitt.edu>

perley@trub (Donald P Perley) (06/20/91)

In article <3525@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU>, jfoust@oucsace (James C. Foust) writes:
>Anyone:
>   I am using WordPerfect on an A-3000 with a DeskJet printer.  I can't
>figure out how to get it to print in draft mode...if I use the switch
>on the DeskJet, WP just switches it back into LQ when it prints.  None
>of the sample fonts in prt.test seem to be draft mode.
>    I'd like to be able to save some ink here!
>    So...how do I get WP to print documents in DRAFT mode?

The easiest way I have found to do a draft copy with WP is to choose
the amiga preferences driver rather than the particular one for your
printer.

Alternately, they have a printer driver utility so you could copy the
deskjet printer and insert the code for draft mode (check your HP owner's
manual?) and create a new draft-mode deskjet driver.  I did this with the
NEC 2200 driver to enable different fonts.

-don perley

--
perley@trub.crd.ge.com

beust@taloa.unice.fr (Cedric Beust) (06/21/91)

In article <141052@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, gwalborn@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Gary D Walborn) writes:
:
: Re: Printing draft quality from WP
:
: Jim,
:     Does WordPerfect read the system preferences?  If so, are your printer
: preferences set for draft or letter quality?

  No, Wordperfect  uses its own printer settings, which are rather complex.
But they allow a greater flexibility for exotic printers.

| Cedric BEUST                                     University of Nice    |
| INET: beust@taloa.unice.fr                       $whoami               |
| UUCP: llaor.unice.fr!arkonis!beust               god (personal alias)  |
|                   -- "To be, or not to be...",                         |
|                      That is illogical, captain!                       |
|                                     -- Spock                           |