[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Email problems Re: AMIGA

In article <38009@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
lrg7030@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren  Rittle)
in <1991Jan13.141911.17636@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> writes:

>> [...] Anyone know why this article never made it out my way? I am
>> refering to Peter's article that Thad replied to.

> Good question. SOMETHING seems to be wrong. I've seen (in other
> newsgroups) public messages claiming that all mail to me is bouncing
> (which would explain why only 3 new emails since last Wednesday,
> contrasted with the normal 50+ per day), plus over 20 phone calls
> since Friday asking me why email and news is screwed,

> AND

> everything I've sent to announce@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu or to Dan at
> zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu seems to be ending up in a black hole or
> the Great Bit Bucket in the Sky. Not even bouncing, just "loost" :-)

> Is anyone aware of "net" problems anyplace?

> Thad Floryan [ thad@cup.portal.com ]

Yeah, I have to send all mail to ucdavis to ames and let them resolve
the domain address; there's some problem in the mail maps, and if I let
my local (UUCP) system resolve the address using the maps, instead of
a two hop path to Dan, I get a seven hopper that never arrives and
never bounces either.  To reach a problem domain site from the UUCP
sites, just send to the closest available Internet site and let them
do the routing work.  I say:

	ames!iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu!zerkle to Dan, and
	comp-sys-amiga-announce@ames.arc.nasa.gov to the newsgroup,

and ames does the rest of the work.

This only works because we talk to ames directly.  The UUCP maps are
disintegrating from neglect, especially on this side of the country,
which is six months out of date, at least.

Kent, the man from xanth.