[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Bad Commodore Mouse

hbrinch@icoast.UUCP (Henrik Brinch) (01/14/91)

For a couple of months ago I were at a computer-exhibition in Denmark.
Commodore had of course also a place there!  Some of the people at
Commodore were using another mouse than Commodore's own for the
demonstration, I asked them why?  They said :  "Well, the Commodore
mouse is too bad - we shouldn't really sell such mouse with the
A3000" !!!  (This is _NOT_ something I make up!).
A lot of my friends has had problems with their mouse, but never me!
(I've had Amiga since the first A1000 arrived in Denmark).  Now I
invested _A_LOT_ of money in the A3000-25-100, and after just a
week the mouse broke down!  How can this be?  I buy a computer for
almost USD $9500 and the mouse breaks down after a week?  How can
Commodore sell a computer with such an amateurish made mouse?!
Don't get me wrong here, I like the design and the touch of it...But
this is a vital part of the computer-environment it CAN'T be of such
a bad quality.  I bought a new mouse, of another brand (Golden Image)
and I must say that know I'm REALLY satisfied....
If Commodore wants to hit the professional market, don't get a bad
reputation just because of the mouse eh?!
(I don't think I'm the only one who have had mouse problems!)

Best Regards,

InfoCoast          /\_  Henrik Brinch \ cbmehq!cbmdeo!icoast!hbrinch
Technologies /\   /   \ Kloevervej 7   \ FidoNet 2:230/112.3
____________/  \_/     \ 2800 Lyngby    \ Voice tel. +45 42 87 67 23
           /               Denmark       \ "C is SILVER - But ASM is GOLD"

In article <1884adae.ARN0052@icoast.UUCP> hbrinch@icoast.UUCP writes:

>(I've had Amiga since the first A1000 arrived in Denmark).  Now I
>invested _A_LOT_ of money in the A3000-25-100, and after just a
>week the mouse broke down!  How can this be?  I buy a computer for
>almost USD $9500 and the mouse breaks down after a week?  How can
>Commodore sell a computer with such an amateurish made mouse?!

	I'm confused here. Doesn't Commodore have a one year
warranty? I realize that isn't the same everywhere in the world,
but there must be at least a 90 day warranty. Nothing is 100%. No
company, no matter how professional, makes everything perfect.
That's why you get a warranty. I notice you are @icoast.UUCP.

>Don't get me wrong here, I like the design and the touch of it...But

	So, guess it isn't so amateurish if you like the design
and touch. I've never had a mouse FAIL, although I did have the
left button start to wear out on one, after a year. The mouse is
a very heavily worn component of your system. Banging on a button
over an extended period of time will cause trouble.
	I still remember Defender of the Crown and banging on the
left mouse button repeatedly to win the swordfight. My mouse was
probably very unhappy with me. 8)

>Best Regards,
>
>InfoCoast          /\_  Henrik Brinch \ cbmehq!cbmdeo!icoast!hbrinch
>Technologies /\   /   \ Kloevervej 7   \ FidoNet 2:230/112.3
>____________/  \_/     \ 2800 Lyngby    \ Voice tel. +45 42 87 67 23
>           /               Denmark       \ "C is SILVER - But ASM is GOLD"

	-- Ethan

	"Don't forget the importance of the family. It begins
with the family. We're not going to redefine the family.
Everybody knows the definition of the family. ... A child. ... A
mother. ... A father. There are other arrangements of the family,
but that is a family and family values."

	-- Dan Quayle, of course. Our beloved Vice President.
	It's just too easy!

MJS108@psuvm.psu.edu (01/16/91)

In article <1991Jan14.112626.10060@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, you say:

>        So, guess it isn't so amateurish if you like the design
>and touch. I've never had a mouse FAIL, although I did have the
>left button start to wear out on one, after a year. The mouse is
>a very heavily worn component of your system. Banging on a button
>over an extended period of time will cause trouble.
>        -- Ethan

       Well, I for one havehad an Amiga mouse die on me after about one year of
 use.  The left botton doesn't work, and the pointer barely moves on the
screen.  Ok, fine, It's no MAJOR hardware failure, I'll just pick up another
mouse for $60 or so.  So, then began my mouse from HELL.  I ordered a Mighty
Mouse from Southern Technologies.  I believe it was around $57, and had a
lifetime warranty|||  I'm using it for a couple of weeks, fine no problems, jus
t as good as the commodore mouse, then it hit|  I'll be moving my mouse pointer
 across the screen towards the right, then all the sudden, the pointer jumps 10
0 pixels to the left|  This happened in all the directions I'd try to move one
way, and it would jump the other.  Ok, so I got a bad mouse, it happens.  With
the lifetime warranty, I send it back.  I get another one and it does the exact
 same thing.  Needless to say, I'm on my 3rd Mighty Mouse, and ready to send aw
ay for my fourth.  My one friend is on his 10th.   On my second mouse the opera
tor told me they made some changes to the mouse, and that it had a better
design.....NOT|

-- Mike|     MJS108@PSUVM | MJS108@PSUVM.EDU | MJS108@PSUVM.BITNET