[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] TeX vs Word

swalton@solaria.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) (01/17/91)

In article <17673@cbmvax.commodore.com>, higgin@cbmvax (Paul
Higginbottom - CATS) writes:

>I generate the prettiest memos in Commodore :-) ... Personally,
>I think AmigaTeX's previewer is just great.

And--AmigaTeX may have just sold another Amiga.  We have a new faculty
member in our department who wants to (1) do useful work (2) run Unix
on her office computer eventually.  When I found out she was a TeX
user, I showed her AmigaTeX.  She was most impressed, perhaps enough
to turn her to an A3000 instead of the 25 MHz 386 machine she was
considering.

Steve Walton
Stephen Walton, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Univ. Northridge
   I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!